• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Islam: One World Religion?

• Members

I've heard speakers and watched news reports that suggest that Militant Islam is spreading rapidly with the intent on becoming a one world religion / government. I've also seen a book at a local Christian bookstore which compares the Islamic messiah to the Biblical antichrist.

President Amindinandbbiddyjad... or something like that... claimed at the UN that the Mahdi is coming soon. I have a feeling that they already know who he is. Could this be the antichrist?

• Members

I'm sure Muslims/Moslems would like Islam to become the one religion of the world. They're certainly working toward that end. But I think Roman Catholicism is more likely to become the one-world religion because it's more "inclusive" -- seeking to bring all the world's religions under its banner. IMO Islam is too exclusive to be THE One World religion of the End Times.

• Members

The way I see it, it will be a mergence of as many religions that will participate. Already the World Council of Churches have created a "least common denominator" theology that many, so-called "mainline churches" have adopted. One aspect of radical Islam has not as much been their fervency in following Islam, as it has been their fervency to use Islam to meet political goals. The radical Moslems can be convinced to turn that fervency in the direction of a religion posing, to them, as Islam, which will then be posed as the pseudo-Christianity Liberal have been trying to invent. Remember, Islam means "submission" so submitting their zeal to a Moslem Messiah that alters Islam to fit with the One World Religion is a predictable outcome. You don't strap a bomb to yourself and murder innocent children because you are a sincere Moslem, You do that if you are stupid enough to believe someone who tells you you'll get 70 virgins in paradise, without bothering to ask if that's such a great thing, why isn't the guy asking me to strap on the bomb, strapping it on himself.

• Members

The Roman Catholic church fits the descriptions given in Revelation 17-18. The only thing right now that doesn't fit is that they are not a one-world religion - but they will be at that point in time. Right now (and through its history), they have been merging with other religions and groups - just as long as that group adds RC practices and doctrines to their own, and pays allegiance to the Pope. And the Muslims are already doing this - in fact, the Pope considers them brothers in some sense because they also believe in Mary (don't remember the exact quote).

• Members

From what I've studied of this I agree with Jerry. The Roman Catholic Church will be the One World Religion and it will do so by drawing all others under it's wings in some manner.

We can see this happening around the world today as many Protestant denominations have been building ties with the RCC, some even considering rejoining or at least affiliating themselves with the RCC.

As Jerry mentioned, the Pope has been reaching out to Muslims and there are areas of cooperation between the two already.

I believe the one world church will be some sort of amalgamation of the various religions under the influence, if not the outright banner, of the RCC. The Anti-Christ will somehow bind these together fully.

• Members
I agree with Jerry and John.

Me too!

Consider the headlines such as these:

Roman Catholic Bishop Wants Everyone to Call God 'Allah'
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,293394,00.html

FACTBOX: Milestones in Roman Catholic-Muslim relations
http://www.reuters.com/article/worldNew ... 6320071106

Pope upset that Muslims offended
http://www.cnn.com/2006/WORLD/europe/09 ... index.html

• Members

FACTBOX: Milestones in Roman Catholic-Muslim relations
Tue Nov 6, 2007 10:18am EST

(Reuters) - Pope Benedict met Saudi Arabia's King Abdullah on Tuesday -- the first meeting between a Pope and a Saudi monarch, custodian of two of Islam's holiest shrines.

Here are some recent milestones in relations between their two faiths:

* THE SECOND VATICAN COUNCIL:

-- The council declaration "Nostra Aetate" (1965) was mainly a positive re-evaluation of Judaism but it also included a section on Islam and noted that Muslims adored God, revered Jesus as a prophet and honored his mother, the Virgin Mary.

-- "The Church regards with esteem also the Muslims," it said, urging sincere work for mutual understanding.

* POPE JOHN PAUL II:

-- Morocco's King Hassan became the first Muslim head of state to receive a Pope, when John Paul II made a two-day visit in 1985.

-- In 1996 John Paul used a 10-hour visit to Tunisia to call for dialogue and tolerance between Christians and Muslims after centuries of persecution and distrust dating back to the crusades.

-- In 2001 John Paul became the first Pontiff in history to visit and pray in a Muslim place of worship, visiting the ancient Great Umayyad Mosque in Syria's capital, Damascus.

* POPE BENEDICT:

-- In a lecture in Regensburg, Germany, in September 2006, Pope Benedict quoted the 14th-century Byzantine Emperor Manuel II Palaeologus and implied he thought Islam was a violent and irrational faith. Amid a storm of outrage from the Islamic world, the head of the Egyptian-based Muslim Brotherhood called on Islamic countries to threaten to break relations with the Vatican unless he withdrew his remarks.

-- Benedict's trip to Turkey in November 2006, which included prayers with an imam at Istanbul's Blue Mosque, did much to repair relations between the two faiths.

-- Last June, Benedict restored the status of the Vatican's Council for Interreligious Dialogue with the appointment of Cardinal Jean-Louis Tauran as its head, to improve relations with the Muslim world. He had downgraded it in 2005, but the uproar after his speech prompted him to reconsider.

(Writing by David Cutler, London Editorial Reference Unit)

• Members

If you pay close attention to what is known as the emerging movement, you will find that "emergence" is becoming more and more popular in almost all religious groups. It is not just a "Christian" phenomenon. In the Middle East, there is a strong push among younger Muslims to emerge with a more tolerant view of society and a strong push for moral relativism. It is not hard to see these various religious groups finding common ground in the Eastern Mysticism they are all moving toward.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007/12/01/AR2007120101803.html

• Members

I agree. It seems the growing trend is towards people around the world wanting to have religion without having to be "religious".

In order for all the religions to amalgamate it would require the watering down of all of them to some common inoffensive and non-restricting "religion".

• 1 month later...
  • Members

My vote is for Islam for the simple reason that the world seems to be embracing Islam. It's okay to offend every other religion but Islam is off limits for criticism. The silence is deafening. Even on this site, Islam isn't listed by name on the false religions board. That speaks volumes.

• Members

If you think we somehow accept Islam, you are wrong. There are probably some threads on Islam in Current Events.

Curious - how does Islam fit the criteria listed in Revelation 17-18? The last two Popes have been more accepting of Islam, even stating that they are their brethren because they both believe in Mary - so certainly Islam could be absorbed by the RC church - but alone it doesn't fit what God says about the one world religion.

• Members
If you think we somehow accept Islam, you are wrong. There are probably some threads on Islam in Current Events.

Curious - how does Islam fit the criteria listed in Revelation 17-18? The last two Popes have been more accepting of Islam, even stating that they are their brethren because they both believe in Mary - so certainly Islam could be absorbed by the RC church - but alone it doesn't fit what God says about the one world religion.

I don't think you are accepting Islam. I'll have to check out the Current Events section. I'm just noting what I see around me, mostly in our culture of political correctness. It isn't polite to question that one of our political candidates is a former Muslim.

I'm struggling with Revelation right now. I am in my final week of the Beth Moore Daniel study, which the focus is Revelation. My information may be a little muttled. She throws a lot at you in. I'm still trying to sort things out. The best answer I've come up with is that I don't know. I just have an opinion. Nothing more, nothing less.

As far as Revelation 17-18 goes, no, Islam does not fit that criteria. I still think Rome and Islam will have a roll however. Like I said, I'm still trying to sort things out.

• Members

If anyone has noticed recent news with regards to this issue one can see how the RCC and Islam are making efforts to find common ground. Islam won't be the one world religion, but they will be a part of it. The RCC has been working for decades (at least) to draw other religions under her wings in the name of peace and unity. The RCC isn't seeking to convert all these others, though she is more than willing to accept them converting, but she is seeking a measure of control over them by drawing them in and using her resources to gain their cooperation.

Consider how many Protestant churches now align themselves to an extent with the RCC and work in cooperation with them. The RCC gives up nothing for this "unity" while these Protestant churches must give up the fact that Catholicism is a false religion and they must agree not to try and convert Catholics to biblical Christianity.