• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

"Oprah and Friends" To Teach Course on New Age Christ

• Members

"Oprah and Friends" To Teach Course on New Age Christ

Oprah Winfrey will be letting out all the stops on her XM Satellite Radio program this coming year. Beginning January 1, 2008, ?Oprah & Friends? will offer a year-long course on the New Age teachings of A Course in Miracles. A lesson a day throughout the year will completely cover the 365 lessons from the Course in Miracles ?Workbook.?

For example, Lesson 29 asks you to go through your day affirming that ?God is in everything I see.?
Lesson 61 tells each person to repeat the affirmation ?I am the light of the world.?
Lesson 70 teaches the student to say and believe ?My salvation comes from me.?

By the end of the year, ?Oprah & Friends? listeners will have completed all of the lessons laid out in the Course in Miracles Workbook.
Those who finish the Course will have a wholly redefined spiritual mindset?a New Age worldview that includes the belief that there is no sin, no evil, no devil, and that God is ?in? everyone and everything.

A Course in Miracles teaches its students to rethink everything they believe about God and life. The Course Workbook bluntly states: ?This is a course in mind training? and is dedicated to ?thought reversal.? Teaching A Course in Miracles will be Oprah?s longtime friend and special XM Satellite Radio reporter Marianne Williamson?who also happens to be one of today?s premier New Age leaders. She and Conversations with God author Neale Donald Walsch co-founded the American Renaissance Alliance in 1997, that later became the Global Renaissance Alliance of New Age leaders, that changed its name again in 2005 to the Peace Alliance. This Peace Alliance seeks to usher in an era of global peace founded on the principles of a New Age/New Spirituality that they are now referring to as a ?civil rights movement for the soul.? They all agree that the princip les of this New Age/New Spirituality are clearly articulated in A Course in Miracles?which is fast becom ing the New Age Bible.

So what is A Course in Miracles and what does it teach? A Course in Miracles is allegedly ?new revelation? from ?Jesus? to help humanity work through these troubled times. This ?Jesus??who bears no doctrinal resemblance to the Bible?s Jesus Christ?began delivering his channeled teachings in 1965 to a Columbia University Professor of Medical Psychology by the name of Helen Schucman. One day Schucman heard an ?inner voice? stating, ?This is a course in miracles. Please take notes.? For seven years she diligently took spiritual dictation from this inner voice that described himself as ?Jesus.? A Course in Miracles was quietly published in 1975 by the Foundation for Inner Peace. For many years ?the Course? was an underground cult classic for New Age seekers who studied ?the Course? individually, with friends, or in small study groups.

Here are some quotes from the ?Jesus? of A Course in Miracles:

* ?There is no sin. . . "
* A ?slain Christ has no meaning.?
* ?The journey to the cross should be the last ?useless journey.?
* ?Do not make the pathetic error of ?clinging to the old rugged cross.??
* ?The Name of Jesus Christ as such is but a symbol... It is a symbol that is safely used as a replacement for the many names of all the gods to which you pray.?
* ?God is in everything I see.?
* ?The recognition of God is the recognition of yourself.?
* ?The oneness of the Creator and the creation is your wholeness, your sanity and your limitless power.?
* ?The Atonement is the final lesson he [man] need learn, for it teaches him that, never having sinne d, he has no need of salvation.?

Most Christians recognize that these teachings are the opposite of what the Bible teaches. At this critical time in the history o f the world, the New Gospel/New Spirituality is coming right at the world and the church with its New Age teachings and its New Age Peace Plan. But this New Age Peace Plan has at its deceptive core the bottom-line teaching from A Course in Miracles that ?we are all one? because God is ?in? everyone and everything. But our Bible is clear that we are not God (Ezekiel 28:2; Hosea 11:9). And per Galatians 3:26-28, our only oneness is in Jesus Christ?not in ourselves as ?God? and ?Christ.? What Oprah and Marianne Williamson and the world will learn one day is that humanity?s only real and lasting peace is with the true Jesus Christ who is described and quoted in the Holy Bible (Romans 5:1).

Oprah Winfrey?s misplaced faith in Marianne Williamson and the New Age teachings of A Course in Miracles is a sure sign of the times. But an even surer sign of the times is that most Christians are not taking heed to what is happening in the world and in the church. We are not contending for the faith as the Bible admonishes us to do (Jude 3). It is time for all of our Purpose-Driven and Emerging church pastors to address the real issue of the day. Our true Lord and Savior Jesus Christ is being reinvented, redefined, and blasphemed right in front of our eyes and hardly anyone seems to notice or care. If we want the world to know who Jesus Christ is, we need to also warn them about who He is not. There is a false New Age ?Christ? making huge inroads into the world and into the church. The Apostle Paul said that ?it is a shame? we have to even talk about these things, but talk about them we m ust (Ephesians 5:12-16)

If people want to follow Oprah Winfrey and the New Age ?Christ? of A Course in Miracles they certainly have that right. But let them be warned that the New Age ?Christ? they are following is not the same Jesus Christ who is so clearly and authoritatively presented in the pages of the Bible.

I believe that the faithful Oprah followers will hang on every word of the teachings. This is scary stuff! Please warn your friends and family to stay away from Oprah?s teachings. And let us all pray for Oprah. I think that she really thinks that she is helping people!
PASS THIS TO EVERYONE YOU KNOW!

http://www.oprah.com/xm/mwilliamson/mwi ... bout.jhtml

http://christianinformation.org/article.asp?artID=103

• Members

A Course in Miracles is allegedly ?new revelation? from ?Jesus? to help humanity work through these troubled times. This ?Jesus??who bears no doctrinal resemblance to the Bible?s Jesus Christ?began delivering his channeled teachings in 1965 to a Columbia University Professor of Medical Psychology by the name of Helen Schucman. One day Schucman heard an ?inner voice? stating, ?This is a course in miracles. Please take notes.? For seven years she diligently took spiritual dictation from this inner voice that described himself as ?Jesus.? A Course in Miracles was quietly published in 1975 by the Foundation for Inner Peace. For many years ?the Course? was an underground cult classic for New Age seekers who studied ?the Course? individually, with friends, or in small study groups.

Here are some quotes from the ?Jesus? of A Course in Miracles:

* ?There is no sin. . . "
* A ?slain Christ has no meaning.?
* ?The journey to the cross should be the last ?useless journey.?
* ?Do not make the pathetic error of ?clinging to the old rugged cross.??
* ?The Name of Jesus Christ as such is but a symbol... It is a symbol that is safely used as a replacement for the many names of all the gods to which you pray.?
* ?God is in everything I see.?
* ?The recognition of God is the recognition of yourself.?
* ?The oneness of the Creator and the creation is your wholeness, your sanity and your limitless power.?
* ?The Atonement is the final lesson he [man] need learn, for it teaches him that, never having sinne d, he has no need of salvation.?

Ms. Schucman had an in depth discussion with Satan and believed every word. Even if I wasn't saved I think I would have a hard time believing some of this stuff! Man has never sinned???!!! What about Jeffrey Dommer, or Charles Manson? I find it absolutley amazing what some people are willing to believe just so they can justify there own actions. This is so sad. I have so many things I could say and just can't form the words. This is so sad.

Oprah has billions of dollars and all the resources to spread this swill easily to the outer reaches. The battle cry has sounded. Put on your whole armor brothers and sisters in Christ, a new front has opened. :pray

• Members

Millions of women, and even a large number of men, hang on virtually every word that comes from her mouth.

This is terrible because many will fall for this ungodliness simply because of who is promoting it.

And this is the woman who Obama has by his side promoting his bid for president. Combine that fact with the unbiblical and racist views, preaching and teaching of Obama's friend, mentor and pastor, along with the racist, unbiblical things Obama himself has said in the past and one gets a very disturbing and ungodly picture of where Obama's heart is.

• Members

It may be accurate, and of course the writer would have to provide proof of many of the things claimed as actually been said about the person who is teaching about "miracles" via Oprah's site. If it is, then in my view Oprah's program, all her books, etc., the products she advertises, etc., where she makes money should be boycotted until she removes that support for this writer from her site. And that's my view....

Love,
Madeline

• Members

Oprah Winfrey is totally New Age. I found this article (The Gospel According to Oprah) on Watchman Fellowship.org:

http://www.wfial.org/index.cfm?fuseaction=artNewAge.article_1

2 Timothy 3:1 This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come.
2 Timothy 3:2 For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy,
2 Timothy 3:3 Without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good,
2 Timothy 3:4 Traitors, heady, highminded, lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God;
2 Timothy 3:5 Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away.

• Members

If the "lessons" dictated to Oprah were not made up by her out of whole cloth, then we can be sure they are "doctrines of demons". This is the sort of cult platform that antichrist is bound to find most useful in the establishment of his new religion (where likewise there will be little distinction between religion and politics. How we deal with this sort of thing is another question, however. There seems to be a hint in this article's conclusion that the author feels that high-powered and high-profile apologetics is the solution. What Christians need is the truth, and lots of it. Fighting this battle on the outside is like trying to keep the outside of a cup clean in order to affect its contents. If a Christian is really looking for answers, help and support against the assaults of the devil's lies, that help ultimately has to come in the form of positive truth, spiritual food that a person can sink his/her teeth into, substantive truth that affects the inside thus strengthening and preparing the Christian for whatever God has for them and whatever the devil throws against them. So while I understand the occasional need for apologetics, that is not the solution to heretical teaching. The solution to heretical teaching is sound, orthodox, substantive, doctrinal teaching. It is the surely a big part of the problem that this sort of teaching is not generally available that has led to so many weak and marginal "Christians" becoming vulnerable to this sort of tripe in the first place.

Love,
Madeline

• Members
If the "lessons" dictated to Oprah were not made up by her out of whole cloth, then we can be sure they are "doctrines of demons". This is the sort of cult platform that antichrist is bound to find most useful in the establishment of his new religion (where likewise there will be little distinction between religion and politics. How we deal with this sort of thing is another question, however. There seems to be a hint in this article's conclusion that the author feels that high-powered and high-profile apologetics is the solution. What Christians need is the truth, and lots of it. Fighting this battle on the outside is like trying to keep the outside of a cup clean in order to affect its contents. If a Christian is really looking for answers, help and support against the assaults of the devil's lies, that help ultimately has to come in the form of positive truth, spiritual food that a person can sink his/her teeth into, substantive truth that affects the inside thus strengthening and preparing the Christian for whatever God has for them and whatever the devil throws against them. So while I understand the occasional need for apologetics, that is not the solution to heretical teaching. The solution to heretical teaching is sound, orthodox, substantive, doctrinal teaching. It is the surely a big part of the problem that this sort of teaching is not generally available that has led to so many weak and marginal "Christians" becoming vulnerable to this sort of tripe in the first place.

Love,
Madeline

:goodpost:

• Members

When I think of Oprah, my initial reaction is almost always carnal. I'm very angry with her because she stubbornly leads millions away from Christ and toward the fires of Hell. But I have to remember what I am called to do. This comes as no surprise, because the Bible predicts that these things would happen. I really, really, really need to remember that this movement isn't a call for me to harbor bitterness, but to aggressively love, show mercy, speak truth, and be a living example for Jesus Christ.

• Members
When I think of Oprah' date=' my initial reaction is almost always carnal. I'm very angry with her because she stubbornly leads millions away from Christ and toward the fires of Hell. But I have to remember what I am called to do. This comes as no surprise, because the Bible predicts that these things would happen. I really, really, really need to remember that this movement isn't a call for me to harbor bitterness, but to aggressively love, show mercy, speak truth, and be a living example for Jesus Christ.[/quote']

:amen:

Being yet in our sinful bodies in this fallen world it's naturally easier for us to get angry, bitter and even hateful than it is for us to do the right thing.

Too many Christians, even those who have been Christians for years, fall into the trap of allowing bitter anger to take root in them. For some, this bitter anger becomes a way of life and they angrily go about attacking everything.

Scripture is clear that we are to overcome evil with good rather than allowing evil to corrupt us and our testimony.

When we see evil we need to remember that but for the grace of God, we would still be walking in evil. We need to take all things to God in prayer and allow the Holy Ghost to help us see what we can positively do about the evil; or in some cases we need to allow the Holy Ghost to show us that this particular manifestation of evil isn't something for us to contend with at this time.

I had to learn to pray often that the Lord would help me to be slow to anger and slow to wrath. Praise God for His blessed work on me in this area.