• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

And I thought "angel hybrids" was absurd...

• Members
http://www.biblebelievers.org.au/bb940516.htm

Here is an excerpt:
The most famous case of superfetation in humans is found in the Bible account of the conception and birth of Cain and Abel. Whoever reads Genesis carefully, will see it speaks of the two seeds, or offspring, right after the fall. So from the very beginning, there were two lineages: the ungodly line of Cain and the godly line found in Seth. Not one time is Adam called the father of Cain, who is not once mentioned in the genealogies of Adam. This is why Adam pronounced his wife "the mother of all living". Never is it suggested that Adam is the father of all living. If Cain actually would have been the first-born son of Adam, he would have had the nature of Adam who was the son of God, and a special place in God's record.

Abel was killed with no offspring, therefore the record of the genealogy goes through Seth. In this respect also, the Word of God is perfect and enlightening -- Adam, Seth, Enos, Cainan, Mahalaleel, Jared, Enoch. Jude identifies Enoch as the seventh from Adam: Cain is absent and was not mentioned in the genealogies in Genesis, Chronicles, Luke, or Jude.

Cain had already been conceived by the serpent prior to Adam having knowledge of his wife.

Why do people concoct stuff like this?

Actually, Cain DID have the "nature of Adam", as we all do.
Rom 5:12

• Members

:roll :roll :roll

Never mind the verse that plainly says,

Genesis 4:1 And Adam knew Eve his wife; and she conceived, and bare Cain, and said, I have gotten a man from the LORD.

What ever happened to the plain reading of Scripture???

Sure, some verses and passages require study but some are as plain as the nose on the faces of the ppl who come up with this stuff.

• Members

Genesis 4:1 And Adam knew Eve his wife; and she conceived, and bare Cain, and said, I have gotten a man from the LORD.

Sure, some verses and passages require study but some are as plain as the nose on the faces of the ppl who come up with this stuff.

Exactly!
Reads plain to me.
I had sent the same verse to the same author of of a similar article. He emailed back with the article above. Apparently, he doesn't read it that way.

• Administrators

But see, he doesn't have to read it plain, 'cause he can read it between the lines!! That's what we were told. And the explanation to that is that when she said lord, she meant the devil - because it Adam were the father, she would have said Adam. :loco

• 3 months later...
Guest Guest

Some people say that Cain and Abel were twins...that I can swallow although I don't know if I agree...but this stuff is weird.

• Members
Some people say that Cain and Abel were twins...that I can swallow although I don't know if I agree...but this stuff is weird.

People get alot of weird ideas of what they THINK the Bible says. I've heard preached, repeatedly, from the pulpit in an IFB church, that Blacks are ordained to be slaves, Ham was a homosexual and angels "cohabited with women". Well, it did get me to study my Bible.

Guest Guest

I believe it comes down to...people not wanting to take the Bible literally. This always amazes me. :-S I ask people..."If we aren't supposed to take the Bible literally...then, what good does it do us?" This stumps people. Man just likes to corrupt God's perfect and precious Holy word. Satan and the flesh at work, again. :thumbdown

candlelight

• Members
I believe it comes down to...people not wanting to take the Bible literally. This always amazes me. :-S I ask people..."If we aren't supposed to take the Bible literally...then, what good does it do us?" This stumps people. Man just likes to corrupt God's perfect and precious Holy word. Satan and the flesh at work, again. :thumbdown

candlelight

For a lot of those who fall for these sort of things and follow the teachers of such it's not so much a matter of them not wanting to take the Bible literally, but more a matter of them not wanting to bother reading the Bible themselves and not wanting to study whatever their teacher tells them to see if such is so.

Of course, there is also the common problem of those who are unsaved trying to teach the Bible or following such teachings. Without the Holy Ghost within them they are left with their own wicked flesh and limited, fallen intellect to decide what to believe and not to believe.