• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

d'amour

• Members

Have great patience and be in constant prayer about this and wait upon God to bring you and your future wife together at the right time. In the meantime, dont' try to "help God" by actively looking for your future wife. Rather, spend your time reading and studying the Word, meditating upon the Word and in prayer.

Now is the time to prepare yourself to be the man God wants you to be before you marry. That means pursuing holiness, growing in Christlikeness.

• Members

Do you read the Bible daily? The Word of God has lists of those things to avoid and those things to embrace. One can't do it on their own, it requires the Spirit of God and it requires having the Word of God in your heart and saturated in your mind.

Living as Christ commands requires us to be obedient to His Word. We can't be obedient to His Word if we don't know His Word, if we don't read it daily, if we don't meditate upon the Word and we don't submit ourselves to allowing the Holy Spirit to transform us from within.

• Administrators

FIrst point is to make sure that you are right with God, and following His leading.

One of the first things to look for is how she treats her father. Does she speak rudely to him? Does she ignore what he tells her, or roll her eyes at his counsel? If she does, she's rebellious, no matter how sweetly she talks other wise. (the converse it true, too - how do you treat your mother? That's how you will treat your wife...)

Does she enjoy talking about the Lord?
Does she enjoy working?
Does she like kids?
Is she respectful of others?
Does she have a good sense of humor?

Avoid at all costs impatience to marry. At your age, you should be thinking about it, and praying for your future wife, as well as preparing yourself to be the right kind of husband and father. But don't rush to get serious about someone. God brought Eve to Adam when the time was right. He will do the same for you, if you are following Him.

Guest Guest

I was about to start giving you a list of things to avoid however, then I was quickly reminded of some of the relationships the Lord has put together. If you are looking at a list and not upon the Lord you may miss the one He has for you. I do understand what you are trying to say and I would encourage you to read through Proverbs. You will find many things there on what to look for and what to avoid. But remember that the perfect woman as in Proverbs31 you will most likely not find because a woman like she is one who has been around for a while. You have a few years before the marring age so I would encourage you to read your bible daily, pray daily and to figure out what you really like to do, as in hobbies, and what the Lord is calling you to do in your life. If you focus on those for mentioned things you will stumble across your godly woman in no time.