• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

What Denomination Are You

What denomination do you belong to?  

4 members have voted

1. 1. What denomination do you belong to?

• Independant Fundemental Baptist
    • Southern Baptist
    • Calvinist
    • Pentecostal
    • Protestant
    • Roman Catholic
    • Dont attend church
    • Other

• Members

Its quite amazing what some people call conservative. What some people call conservative I call extremely liberal.

So when I hear some people talk about some one or some church being conservative, I take it will a grain of salt.

We even have several on this IFB message board who are extremely liberal, them some who do not even know what a Baptist Church teaches, them some who even think the Baptist distinctives are wrong and every time they are discussed they completely disagree with them.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Guest

Jerry...You can go to my church website at http://www.CRBC-online.org. The evangelist that I spoke about on here before has preached 5 sermons on Baptist history. He will rap it up tonight. Scroll down to Wednesday's services...On-line preaching, and you will see his preaching...on Baptist History. His name is Bro. Bruce Musselman. He is in his mid sixties and was saved at 3 1/2 years old. His family has a long history as Baptists. His dad was an IFB preacher.

candlelight

• Members

For a church to be truly non-denominational, it would have to be the only one of its kind, with no connection whatsoever to any other church or denomination. People love to call Brethren churches or some community churches non-denominational - but the fact that there is the same kind of church in the next town believing the same thing shows they are a denomination.

There are some Brethren churches that are KJVonly in the pulpit - but when you get speaking to the "elders"/preachers, you will find that they are KJV-preferred - and many of them use modern versions in their home study.

Guest Guest

True. My in-laws were Brethren before they were IFB. They also have the panel of deacons. What? No pastor as an under-shepherd of the church? Doesn't this get confusing? :puzzled: I would want to know who helping to steer the ship under Jesus. :lol Also, Jerry...can you explain whether all Brethren churches use leavened bread and alcoholic wine? This was my in-laws "last straw" with the Brethren church. And, of course, the mix of Bibles was too confusing. Thank God when He directed them to the IFB church. :smile

candlelight

• Members
For a church to be truly non-denominational, it would have to be the only one of its kind, with no connection whatsoever to any other church or denomination. People love to call Brethren churches or some community churches non-denominational - but the fact that there is the same kind of church in the next town believing the same thing shows they are a denomination.

There are some Brethren churches that are KJVonly in the pulpit - but when you get speaking to the "elders"/preachers, you will find that they are KJV-preferred - and many of them use modern versions in their home study.

Jerry, Isn't a truly non-denominational church, a church that will not take a stand for fear of offending someone, will accept anything to keep from offending anyone, invites everyone while telling them they will never say nor do anything to cause them to be uncomfortable while attending their non-denominational church.

If I ever caught myself in such a church I would quickly remove myself from it and I surely would not wish the God speed.

• Members
Jerry' date=' Isn't a truly non-denominational church, a church that will not take a stand for fear of offending someone, will accept anything to keep from offending anyone, invites everyone while telling them they will never say nor do anything to cause them to be uncomfortable while attending their non-denominational church.[/quote']

Most are. From what I have seen, the churches that insist on falsely calling themselves non-denominational are ones trying to get brownie points with those who are against the divisions in Christendom, and want to say, "We aren't like this group or that group - in fact, we don't have a label, we are just Christians. There were no denominations in the Bible - so that makes us the true church. Come join us instead of being part of the divisiveness in the churches."

However, even our King James Bible uses the word "sect(s)", which means denominations. There were sects in Judaism and in the early church. Jesus never condemned someone for being a Pharisee or a Sadducee - He rebuked them for what they did or believed wrongly, for their hypocrisy and unbelief. He didn't tell Nicodemus and Joseph to come out of their sect, He showed them they needed to be saved, and then later take a stand on what is right.

• Members

Go look at Willow Creek Association's church listing across the world. There are many non-denom. churches who belong to it. With catholic churches, assembly of god , and many others. I would say that this in itself is it's own denomination. I think the denoms are changing into bigger ecumenical denoms that encompass many old denoms to make one big one. That is not say all non-denoms are like this but just check it out.

• Members
Jerry...You can go to my church website at http://www.CRBC-online.org. The evangelist that I spoke about on here before has preached 5 sermons on Baptist history. He will rap it up tonight. Scroll down to Wednesday's services...On-line preaching, and you will see his preaching...on Baptist History. His name is Bro. Bruce Musselman. He is in his mid sixties and was saved at 3 1/2 years old. His family has a long history as Baptists. His dad was an IFB preacher.

candlelight

Wow, now that has got to be interesting. I have never been to a church where the preacher raps it up on Sunday nights. And you say he's Baptist? :lol:

• Members

I like how they falsely call themselves things they are not. Also..how can a "saved" person tend a church that allows for the ordination of homosexuals and women? And yet try to dialogue and debate with a Baptist with no conviction? It disgusts me....then again not a suprise what sneaks in on these boards.

Guest Guest

Wow, now that has got to be interesting. I have never been to a church where the preacher raps it up on Sunday nights. And you say he's Baptist? :lol:

What are you talking about?! The evangalist that was preaching Baptist History to our congregation...preached 6 Wednesday nights on this. What is your problem? Please clarify this...b/c you sound foolish to me.

candlelight

Guest Guest

Tired...I don't care for his sarcastic humor. If he knew this man...he wouldn't make a sarcastic remark like this. This is my problem with people today...they need to think before they go on and rant about something they have no business talking about. He doesn't know Bro. Bruce Musselman, or myself, and my church. He may be acting sarcastic, but I took it as a slam against my IFB church.

candlelight

Guest Guest

What are you talking about?! The evangalist that was preaching Baptist History to our congregation...preached 6 Wednesday nights on this. What is your problem? Please clarify this...b/c you sound foolish to me.

candlelight

kevinmiller...I have never found my church to be anything but informative on God's Holy word...they aren't long-winded pastors...if that is where you are going with this comment. They don't ramble...they get to the point. Yes...it is an IFB Baptist church. :-S

candlellight