• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

What Denomination Are You

What denomination do you belong to?  

4 members have voted

1. 1. What denomination do you belong to?

• Independant Fundemental Baptist
    • Southern Baptist
    • Calvinist
    • Pentecostal
    • Protestant
    • Roman Catholic
    • Dont attend church
    • Other

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Baptist is a denomination though. We are independant - meaning we don't have a hierarchy telling our church what to do/believe - but we are still a denomination in the sense that we represent historical Baptist beliefs.

All TRUE believers are fundamentalists in the sense that they believe the fundamentals of the faith (can't be saved if you don't) - however, the term fundamentalist means someone who fights for the faith and separates from evil, false brethren, error, etc.

• Members
Baptist is a denomination though. We are independant - meaning we don't have a hierarchy telling our church what to do/believe - but we are still a denomination in the sense that we represent historical Baptist beliefs.

All TRUE believers are fundamentalists in the sense that they believe the fundamentals of the faith (can't be saved if you don't) - however, the term fundamentalist means someone who fights for the faith and separates from evil, false brethren, error, etc.

Amen jerry. :goodpost:

• Members

Miriam Webster Dictionary defines denomination as a religious organization whose congregations are united in their adherence to its beliefs and practices

This definition puts individual churches into memberships of an organization. The key expression here is whose congregations(pl). As IFB we are not a member of such an organization.

We do adhere to similar beliefs and practices and that being historically that of the group known as Baptist. A name which was given to our spiritual ancestors as a term of derision and not chosen by them.

• Members

The Noah Webster 1828 Dictionary states for the word Denomination as:

1. The act of naming.

2. A name or appellation; a vocal sound, customarily used to express a thing or a quality, in discourse; as, all man fall under the denomination of sinners; actions fall under the denomination of good or bad.

3. A class, society or collection of individuals, called by the same name; as a denomination of christians.

• 2 months later...
  • Members

Not many responded to this poll? Of those that responded I noticed that a large percentage are IFB.....but just curious, how many group members are there? I do realize that probably the IFB is one of the few denominations that are KJV only? I don't know, I guess that's a question. I know I'm SBC, but use only the KJV (I think I'm in the minority though).

Is there an area where the number of group members is stated?