• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

What Denomination Are You

What denomination do you belong to?  

4 members have voted

1. 1. What denomination do you belong to?

• Independant Fundemental Baptist
    • Southern Baptist
    • Calvinist
    • Pentecostal
    • Protestant
    • Roman Catholic
    • Dont attend church
    • Other

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Guest

Well, to be completely honest, I am very much an IFB. I do, however, attend a SBC Church at this time. I do like much of the balance found in my local church, and I can appreciate the lack of church-bashing that occurs.

Believe it or not, the same Baptist distinctives to which an IFB church aspires, are the same ones to which a SBC church also aspires. The two ordinances of the church are the same, and they are actively seeking the lost. Contrary to popular opinion, each church is locally-run and pastor-led. I am at this church presently, because that is where God has led me. He has taught me and used me in this church, and I am grateful to him for it.

Praise God from Whom all blessings flow.

• Members

Independent I'm a member of an autonomous local church, not part of, or subject to an organization, under the leadership an undershepherd (pastor), who is led by the Spirit of God.
Fundamental I believe the KJB is God's pure unadulterated Holy Word for English speaking people, I believe it from cover to cover, I believe it is quick and powerful and that it is for today and we should live by it, I love the Lord and I love God's people.
Baptist I believe that the distinctives of the Baptist denomination are the closest to the teachings of the Bible. But I don't believe Baptists are the only ones who are saved and going to Heaven.

• Members

I didn't vote, since IFB isn't a denomination...I don't think "Protestant" or "Calvinist" (or "Catholic" or others on the poll) are denominations, either. Aren't "denominations" formal groups that categorize evangelical Protestants (like Presbyterian, SB, GARB, Lutheran, etc.)? I'm pretty sure most if not all on this forum are Protestant (not Catholic).

That said, I do attend an IFB church. I am not KJV only. I believe a fundamentalist (broadly defined) is anyone who believes the "fundamentals" of the faith, like the deity of Christ, the inspiration of Scripture, salvation by grace alone through faith alone, etc. Fundamentalists exist in many denominations. I do think the one thing that sets a "fundamentalist" (narrowly defined) apart from most mainstream evangelicals is his belief in the doctrine of separation.

• Members

"Baptist" is a denomination. We are not Protestants. Protestants "protested" against the Catholic church and came out of her forming denominations like Presbyterian, Lutheran, Episcopalean, etc.

Baptists and their affiliates have always been separate from Catholics and Protestants.

I am Independant - not answering to a governing body (although in many IFB churches today, accountability really is necessary). I do believe in elders but those are rare in IFB churches. The N.T. churches had more than one "elder" and the 2nd one wasn't a 22 year old, just out of college youth pastor.

Fundamental - Fundamentals of the faith: Virgin Birth, Bodily Resurrection and Ascension, Literal Return, Etc. The version issue is not a fundamental of the faith. The Apostles' doctrine was not founded on the KJV or any other version we have today.

Baptist - not Protestant, not Catholic, descended from a long line of Bible believers who have always stood for the truth of the Bible and against Catholicism and didn't have to "come out".

I believe in election, foreknowledge and the sovereignty of God because the Bible talks about them.

I believe in whosoever will may come, and that Christ died for all because that is what the Bible says.

I reject Calvinism.

I reject Armenianism.

Is that defining enough for you, ezra? :Green

• Members
"Baptist" is a denomination. We are not Protestants. Protestants "protested" against the Catholic church and came out of her forming denominations like Presbyterian, Lutheran, Episcopalean, etc.

Baptists and their affiliates have always been separate from Catholics and Protestants.

I am Independant - not answering to a governing body (although in many IFB churches today, accountability really is necessary). I do believe in elders but those are rare in IFB churches. The N.T. churches had more than one "elder" and the 2nd one wasn't a 22 year old, just out of college youth pastor.

Fundamental - Fundamentals of the faith: Virgin Birth, Bodily Resurrection and Ascension, Literal Return, Etc. The version issue is not a fundamental of the faith. The Apostles' doctrine was not founded on the KJV or any other version we have today.

Baptist - not Protestant, not Catholic, descended from a long line of Bible believers who have always stood for the truth of the Bible and against Catholicism and didn't have to "come out".

I believe in election, foreknowledge and the sovereignty of God because the Bible talks about them.

I believe in whosoever will may come, and that Christ died for all because that is what the Bible says.

I reject Calvinism.

I reject Armenianism.

:goodpost::clap::clap: Amen and Amen :thumb

• Members

I reject Calvinism.

I reject Armenianism.

And that would be what I am also.