• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Any Eligible Future Husbands?

• Members

I have a very serious question. It seems that a lot of young people yoke up together for marriage in Christian colleges, but unfortunately, there are many young men and ladies who are not ready for a lifetime commitment at that stage of their life. Does the window of opportunity close for them? I realize that God should be trusted in this situation, but it can be very frustrating for those who are waiting for ?Mr. or Miss Right? when you are in a small town and trying to be faithful to the Lord, your Church, and not yoke up with unbelievers in the world.
This letter is not about me. I am a saved, happily married man of 32 years, and I thank God for the wonderful godly wife that He gave to me. She has proofread this letter.
However, I know of two attractive Independent Baptist ladies (ages 27 and 25) each of who would love to be married to a mature Independent Baptist husband. These ladies were saved at a young age, raised in Christian homes, have godly standards, and would make wonderful wives and mothers, but there doesn?t seem to be any godly Christian men between the ages of 27 and 33 who are available. They are praying and trying to be patient.
Anyone have any suggestions?
ELI

• Members

I am a young man and I am finding it hard to Find A Godly Christian Lady, I am determined to wait on the Lord. He will direct the Lady of His choosing into my life, I just need to wait on the Lord and do his will. Gods timeing isn't always our timeing. But I know the center of Gods will is certainly better than mine.

• Members

I've had a couple instances now of friends who were of marrying age yet either did not attend Bible college, or attended and graduated unmarried. It seemed as though they would never find someone to marry. Yet God, in both cases, brought along just the right person, usually in a way that was totally unexpected. One is happily married, and one is courting and soon to be engaged.

I know its difficult and frustrating but if a woman is serving God, He will take care of her! You never know what single missionary or pastor will travel through...what pen pal they may come across....or what family will move into the area. Or maybe God will call them to another church somehow, where the future spouse awaits. There are dozens of ways God can work it out. Hopefully they can just hang out with friends for now and serve God faithfully in church and know that the time will come and it will be worth the wait.

• Members

Maybe it's not given for all women to marry. I personally I'm reconciled with the possibility that I'll never get married. It's quite upsetting to see this whole pressure for a young girl to find a husband when in fact, it doesn't depend on the girl. The girl is in the worst situation: if the boy decides she's not fit for marriage, he always can choose another potential partner while the girl has to wait for boys to show some sort of interest in her, only after that she can reciprocate a little. Moreover, young fundamental Christian men are really hard to find especially if one lives in a small town.

• Members
I have a very serious question. It seems that a lot of young people yoke up together for marriage in Christian colleges, but unfortunately, there are many young men and ladies who are not ready for a lifetime commitment at that stage of their life. Does the window of opportunity close for them? I realize that God should be trusted in this situation, but it can be very frustrating for those who are waiting for ?Mr. or Miss Right? when you are in a small town and trying to be faithful to the Lord, your Church, and not yoke up with unbelievers in the world.
This letter is not about me. I am a saved, happily married man of 32 years, and I thank God for the wonderful godly wife that He gave to me. She has proofread this letter.
However, I know of two attractive Independent Baptist ladies (ages 27 and 25) each of who would love to be married to a mature Independent Baptist husband. These ladies were saved at a young age, raised in Christian homes, have godly standards, and would make wonderful wives and mothers, but there doesn?t seem to be any godly Christian men between the ages of 27 and 33 who are available. They are praying and trying to be patient.
ELI

My own daughter trusted the LORD with all of her heart for "Mr. Right" and the LORD blessed so incredibly abundantly above all we could have ever asked or wanted. She was within one month to the day of being 30 y.o. Remember Psalm 37::: Read it, practice it and live it with all of your heart.

• Administrators

Waiting patiently on God, while going about life is the answer. God will guide when it is His time, and each individual needs to learn to be content where they are. I was 26 before I married. And I'm so glad that I waited for the one I did! Tell them to wait on the Lord, and He will give them the desire of their hearts. Not in their time, but in His.

Guest Guest

Eli,

Encourage them that the Lord has placed this want of being married and to have a family on their hearts for a reason and He is ALWAYS faithful. I know the days seem to go by slow right now but encourage them to focus on why the Lord has not brought that person into their lives just yet. Maybe He has plans for them prior to the appointed time and they need to continue to focus on that and the Lord and not on where in the world is my future man? BTW I was 28 when I got married. They are still really young and one day they will look back at their agony and impatience and giggle.

• 3 months later...
  • Members

You know, I don't really know that there is anything you can say to someone in this situation. Someone single, ready for marriage, not sure what God is waiting for... I am closing in on 25 and have yet to see a glimpse of Mr.Right. I believe he is out there somewhere and if I didn't trust the Lord to bring him to me in His timing then I would already be married to the man of my choice...probably. :-) Anyway, just because I am waiting doesn't mean I don't get discouraged, lonely, impatient, don't wonder what the Lord is doing, or what is taking Him so long. I do. I say all of this to say that the thing that really encourages me when I'm feeling bummed is when someone says they are praying for me. It can be someone I know or a complete stranger (like some of you on here have done for me), but knowing that someone is taking a second to bring this before our Lord touches my heart. It encourages me to keep going. Yes, reminders of "hold on!" or "keep serving!" or such of the like are great too. But knowing someone is praying for me is the most encouraging.
Anyway, I don't know if I got my thought across or not but I hope so. I know that no one really has "the" answer, only God knows what's going on, so I don't expect "the" answer from anyone. Just pray for me (and my future husband). :-)

• Members

I agree with an earlier poster that not everyone is meant to marry. That is, not every female is created to be a wife and mother and not every male is created to be a husband and father. I am fast approaching 30 and have had a girlfriend for almost two years, yet as of now neither of us intends to marry. I just don't feel like God is calling me to that lifestyle. He has placed me in a position that requires so much of my time and energy, that I after I give Him His due, there isn't much of me left over for a wife and children.

Some of us are created for our employment. I believe that I have been blessed with certain skills because God intended for me to be in the position I am now, as a strong Christian in an otherwise hostile career. He knew how time consuming it would be and has given me peace of mind with the fact that I am not intended to marry, at least not now. Instead of praying for a spouse, try praying for what God wants.

I think its just hard for some people to become reconciled to this. So many times our culture tells us that by a certain age one should own a house, be married, have two kids and be building up funds in a 401(k).

• Members

ELI

I've been given advice regarding this same issue from a friend of mine. It is difficult in these times (meaning there are so many Christians who are impacted by the failures of marriages, that they too are super cautious about taking that step).

• Members

Stop thinking about getting married and just serve the Lord. This will keep you focused on His will for your life. When you stop looking is when it happens!!! Please don"t be in a hurry. Where you are now could be days you look back on as the best in your lives, if your not patient for His timing!! His timing is perfect!!! In love and understanding please do all for the Lord, stand and wait for the Lord's best for you--His by Grace