• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

• Members

We should only seek acceptance from Christ...but if our actions receive acceptance from other Christians that is good! Acceptance from the world is generally a bad sign.

• Administrators
We should only seek acceptance from Christ...but if our actions receive acceptance from other Christians that is good! Acceptance from the world is generally a bad sign.

I agree with Kita here, except I just want to expand on this thought - as long as those Christians who accept our actions are not worldly!!! :wink

• Members

Acceptance feels good. For me I gotta be careful that it doesn't stoke the fires of pride.

I guess if we're gaining acceptance for Christs sake then fantastic. If not then shouldn't we bear reproach for Christ willingly? I think so too.

• Members
As a Christian is it important for us to seek acceptance from others?

I would say if you don't know how to handle something or you need more knowledge from the bible and if it benefits your walk with God then ya and if you are going to marry someone.. IT is good to get acceptance from your pastor because he always or almost always tells you to seek out God for the answer and he usually gives you different verses to help you with what you are going through. At least that is what pastors should do but not all of them do.

• Members
If we seek to please the Lord and be in His will then all other things will come about as they should be.

Bro John, Would you be so kind as to further explain "all things will come about as they should be?" Many people live under the impression mostly because of the health and wealth gospel teaching that when we live for the Lord that people will accept us and everyone will live in harmony with us. What does the Bible really say about all that live godly in Christ Jesus?

• Members

Bro John, Would you be so kind as to further explain "all things will come about as they should be?" Many people live under the impression mostly because of the health and wealth gospel teaching that when we live for the Lord that people will accept us and everyone will live in harmony with us. What does the Bible really say about all that live godly in Christ Jesus?

My meaning was/is that when we truly follow Christ, we will be accepted by those who the Lord would have accept us; mostly those who are truly following Him as well.

If we are truly following Christ, much of the world won't accept us and even many professing Christians won't accept us, but none of that should bother us.

We are to seek God's "acceptance" on His terms, according to His Word, and not be concerned about winning the acceptance of others.

You are correct that some preach the idea that God will prosper His followers with health, wealth, popularity and acceptance, but that's a man-made doctrine and NOT from Scripture. Scripture is clear that those who truly follow Christ will experience what Christ experienced; some of which includes being rejected and rediculed by family, being talked badly of, finding oneself being persecuted, etc.

• Members

My meaning was/is that when we truly follow Christ, we will be accepted by those who the Lord would have accept us; mostly those who are truly following Him as well.

If we are truly following Christ, much of the world won't accept us and even many professing Christians won't accept us, but none of that should bother us.

We are to seek God's "acceptance" on His terms, according to His Word, and not be concerned about winning the acceptance of others.

You are correct that some preach the idea that God will prosper His followers with health, wealth, popularity and acceptance, but that's a man-made doctrine and NOT from Scripture. Scripture is clear that those who truly follow Christ will experience what Christ experienced; some of which includes being rejected and rediculed by family, being talked badly of, finding oneself being persecuted, etc.

I agree with you John that we shouldn't care what the world thinks and we will suffer tribulation. If you read Matthew 5vs 10 you will see just that

Matthew 5vs10
Blessed are they which are persecuted for righteousness' sake: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.

Guest Guest

I agree with HappyChristian. The most important thing is God's approval but as far as other people go - It's ok to seek approval from other Christians as long as they are not worldly Christians. But humans are so imperfect that it's best to just go by God and the Bible, I think.