• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

A Good KJV Study Bible?

Guest Guest

I am interested in getting a KJV Study Bible and wanted to know if anyone had any recommendations? The only KJV Study Bible I've looked at before is a Scofield one that talks about dispensations (I'm not sure what those are or if they are correct). I want to make sure I get one that is biblically sound. Thanks!

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

My dad likes the Defenders Bible.

I have a Scofield and enjoy it although you do have to know ahead of time a few things to avoid with him. However a good portion of his stuff is good.

My husband likes his Thompson Chain.

• Members

Even those calling themselves KJB today are not all the same.

I have three KJB's here at home that don't match. The spelling, and in a couple of instances even the words, are different between all three of them yet they are all "KJB".

While I kind of liked study Bibles many years ago, I have grown to not care for them because I have yet to find one where the commentary and notes were biblical throughout the Bible. As well, I found them to be a distraction and for some in our Bible study groups they became a problem for them to understand some parts of Scripture.

• Members

I have a:

Ryrie
Thompson Chain
Scofield (1917 Notes)
and
Nelson

I really like the Scofield (perhaps because A)its an Oxford so the scripture maintains the correct spellings and capitalizations and b)'cause its still new :lol: :loco ). Before the Scofield though the Nelson got the most mileage.

IMHO I like my Bearing Precious Seed bible the most. It has no commentary, no notes, no concordance and no frills (short of the French Moroccan leather cover).

I have come to the conclusion that study bibles are usually overrated. I will admit that i'd like to own a New Defenders study bible and a Cambridge Bible. But, I maintain my position.

Get one with no frills man.......... :lol

• Members
I have a:

Ryrie
Thompson Chain
Scofield (1917 Notes)
and
Nelson

I really like the Scofield (perhaps because A)its an Oxford so the scripture maintains the correct spellings and capitalizations and b)'cause its still new :lol: :loco ). Before the Scofield though the Nelson got the most mileage.

IMHO I like my Bearing Precious Seed bible the most. It has no commentary, no notes, no concordance and no frills (short of the French Moroccan leather cover).

I have come to the conclusion that study bibles are usually overrated. I will admit that i'd like to own a New Defenders study bible and a Cambridge Bible. But, I maintain my position.

Get one with no frills man.......... :lol

:goodpost:

But being a Bible-aholic I'm always on the lookout for another Bible :Green Not that I really need anymore, but I suppose one can never have too many Bibles :thumb

I have one that sits on the back of the couch, one next to my chair in the living room, one on the downstairs bookshelf, a New Testament at my computer desk, a Ryrie study Bible in my desk drawer, several Bibles on the shelf in my study, and various other Bibles elsewhere, including a reproduction of a Bible Confederate soldiers carried during The War. :Bible:

• Members

I currently have the old Schofield although I tend to ignore his notes. I also have a Thompson, a Criswell Study Bible, and Sword Searcher on the computer. Rock of Ages Ministries (http://www.roapm.com/) also has a study Bible they produce because they couldn't find one they could give prisoners that wouldn't teach some wrong doctrine. It comes in hardback, kivor (poly) cover and leather which is sold out. I'm waiting for them to get the leather one back in so I don't have one yet. I was told they plan of having some very soon.