• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Okie dokie, Let me tell you what I think of Jack Vane Impe.

***Way back in 1961 he and his wife Rexella would come to our Saturday night youth gatherings and preach salvation messages and play his accordion. He was really good and on-fire for the LORD. At that time he had the entire New testament memorized and quite a bit of the Old Testament.

***I don't know when it was that he made the transition to amalgamate himself with the RCC, but back in the early '70s he left consertivism, and began adopting all manner of compromise.

***Today he is little more than a date-setter and promoter of sensationalism. He mixes Truth with error. He thinks the Pope of the RCC is one of the finest Christians ever. Supposedly he has the entire Bible memorized.

2012, you ask? It's in God's hands.

• Members

Jack Van Impe is a false prophet who has apostasized from where he once stood. He is highly ecumenical - therefore would water down the truth to begin with. However, the Bible says this:

Matthew 24:36 But of that day and hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels of heaven, but my Father only.

Van Impe is a man; therefore any guesses as to dates in regards to the endtimes is delusion and deceit.

• Members

I know we are in the endtimes - one of the biggest signs was Israel becoming a nation again in 1948. But there is a big difference between knowing we are near the end and setting dates - which the Bible says we CANNOT KNOW. If someone professes to know - they are deceived, either by the Devil or by their own evil heart.

• Administrators

When I was a kid I sat next to Jack Van Impe while he ate lunch at my house, and he slept in my room for a few nights. That was back when he was a good guy, now like jerry said, he is a false prophet and I do not watch or care what he has to say.

• Members

Yes, for some reason Jack seems to be another of those who once seemed to stand solid on the Word of God but then moved towards the world.

I watched some of Jack's programs back in the early 80s and he was basically date-setting back then. He, along with many others, have put forth various years as being the ones to watch for but they have all come and gone.

We can know when the end time is approaching, which the signs are all around us that they are, but we can't know the actual time, not even down to what year or decade even that it will occur.

Scripture is clear that when we see the end is nearing that we are to be diligent about being in right relation with the Lord and speading the Gospel. We are not to be busy trying to pinpoint the hour of His return.

• Administrators

When I was younger, I loved to hear JVI quote scripture after scripture. We enjoyed hearing him preach. But then he got "hurt" by fundamentalists and threw the baby out with the bathwater. He decided to begin cooperating with denominations that weren't completely scriptural...in the name of love and unity.

He has actually said that the pope was a good Christian, and refers to all RCC members as his brothers and sisters in Christ.

He also began to focus just on prophecy. I love to study and hear about prophecy, but when anyone just focuses on one thing, balance is lost. I've known other preachers who have gone off the deep end because they focused mainly on demonology & witchcraft, etc.

It saddens me that JVI has gone this route.

Guest Guest

Everyone is hitting the nail on the head. We must not forget that prophecies has stopped a long time ago. We can never take our focus off of Christ and HIS shed blood. It all in Christ or nothing at all. If he can prophesies then he should also raise the dead. :eek

• Members

I haven't listened to Jack in years, but I know he used to be a great speaker and I loved the way he could quote Scripture so readily and abundantely. It's easy to see why so many are drawn to him.

Sadly, somehow he became overfocused upon prophetic matters and the attempt to determine when the end would actually come.

The prophetic information in Scripture with regards to the end time, the time preceeding the Tribulation, is there so those with eyes to see and ears to hear can recognize that time is winding down. This is not to lead us into attempting to pinpoint the time of the Rapture and start of the Tribulation. Instead, it's to stir us awake, to motivate us to truly submit ourselves to Christ and to spreading the Gospel because the time at hand is short.

• Members

The standard/common explanation on this verse is that that particular generation of Israelites that came together as a nation would not pass away (ie. completely die out) before the tribulation/return of Christ comes. That is what I believe too. It has been 60 years. If some people were 20 years old then, they would be 80 now - getting pretty old. I don't believe it will be that much longer, definitely in my lifetime - if I don't die young.