• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

"JESUS!!!!"

• Members

I was 24 years old, had been in church most of my life. But I was lost, didn't care about church, and didn't know God. I went because my parents made me go. But on that Sunday morning, Mother's Day, 1985, I was under deep conviction as they sang "love lifted me". Then the preacher preached with love and compassion from the 23rd psalm.
God was calling to me personally that morning. He showed me that He loved me. I had been a wicked sinner but He loved me. I heard no supernatural, audible voice except the words of the preacher. Jesus was speaking to me...He was there in the room. I started to move then hesitated, then shook my head "no". I wasn't going to reject Hima nd go to Hell. I am a very bashful person, but I wasn't concerned with anyone else int he room. As I started out the pew on the left side of the church about three or four rows back, I screamed out "JESUS!!!", before I could get out in the aisle. I was calling directly to Him. He was right there in the room.....But He came into my heart when I called on His Name. He's still there.
Even though I'm still a Hell deserving sinner, He still loves me and He's still there.

• Members

Let me add...
For the first time in my 24 years, I loved God. I loved His word, loved the brethren. loved people. Jesus gave me a peace I never had and I experienced REAL Joy. The birds sang sweeter...music sounded better...Some might think this is absurd but it's true: my food even tasted better. My desires changed, I loved Christian music for the first time. I got rid of the rock music.... I fell in love with Jesus. These things are NOT my nature. It could only be God.

• Members
The birds sang sweeter...music sounded better...Some might think this is absurd but it's true:

Yeah...and it goes beyond that, but I don't what anyone here thinking I'm absurd too. ;-) We will have a deeper and more profound relationship with the Lord as we draw closer to Him in our walk and mature spiritually.

John 14:21 - He that hath my commandments, and keepeth them, he it is that loveth me: and he that loveth me shall be loved of my Father, and I will love him, and will manifest myself to him.

Love,
Madeline

• 1 month later...