• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

has man really been to the moon

has man really been to the moon  

26 members have voted

1. 1. has man really been to the moon

• Yes
    • No
    • Its a conspiracy
    • It was an illusion
    • I have no idea
    • I don't care one way or the other
    • This is a stupid poll

• Members
Why not ask Mr. Armstrong and Mr. Aldrin? :lol I live in Houston. Maybe I'll ask them next time I see them. I think Neil Armstrong still lives in this area. :wink

BTW, I voted "I don't care one way or the other". It's not a cause I feel particularly strong about.

"IF" the moonlanding had been a conspiracy then these men would obviously have had to been a part of it so we couldn't trust their word on the matter. :Green

• Members
I believe the U.S. landed on the moon. I think because technologicly we could' date=' and because Armstrong seems like a man of character, the U.S. isn't lying. I do believe the U.S. lies to its citizens a lot though.[/quote']

Every government lies to it's citizens a lot. Scripture is clear that all nations (governments) are wicked and the American government is no different.

• 2 years later...
  • Members

I voted yes because it would have to have been a stinkin' huge set-up to fake it. "Hey, let's spend billions of dollars to make everybody believe we landed on the moon! Then half a century later, let the secret out to they'll all feel stupid!" Uh... no.

Did y'all also know 9/11 is a conspiracy? And the Kennedy Assassination? (I have a college professor that witnessed the moon landing AND the assassination, by the way) And the Civil War? And the holocaust? Pretty soon Obama will be a conspiracy, and the War on Terror, and anything else this crazy world wants to throw out there!

Nope, I don't buy into this conspiracy stuff. :coolsmiley:

• 1 month later...
  • Members

Well, I too love a good conspiracy theory. I honestly don't know if we landed on the moon or not. I think it is possible, but I also think it is possible we didn't. I agree with you on the JFK assasination though. There are just way too many coincidences and facts pointing a different direction. Not all conspiracy theorists are the nut jobs they show on TV.

• Members

Well, I too love a good conspiracy theory. I honestly don't know if we landed on the moon or not. I think it is possible, but I also think it is possible we didn't. I agree with you on the JFK assasination though. There are just way too many coincidences and facts pointing a different direction. Not all conspiracy theorists are the nut jobs they show on TV.

The reason "conspiracy theorists" are painted as loons is to help cause many to not even consider their views and just swallow the approved "kool-aid".

• Members

I voted "I don't care one way or the other". To me it's a colossal waste of money if it did happen. I did see an interview with a former NASA scientist who says it never happened and it most likely never will because the radiation in outer space is too much for the human body to handle even within a spacecraft.

Edited by Wilchbla

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

I voted "I don't care one way or the other". To me it's a colossal waste of money if it did happen. I did see an interview with a former NASA scientist who says it never happened and it most likely never will because the radiation in outer space is too much for the human body to handle even within a spacecraft.

I think they did, although some of the photos seem staged.

One reason given a couple of years ago were that there were no stars visible which on the video they played on TV, that was true. But the thing that I thought looked most unreal was the take off from the moon. The capsule looked like a model and the camera panned upwards to follow the takeoff, who did they leave behind to do that? On the whole I think it was real as Hollywood could have made a better job of faking the film as they do in the models of aircraft in many war films. Edited by Invicta

• 4 months later...
  • Moderators
I voted that this is a stupid poll. Althought I think it's a good poll, I really like the idea of voting for it being a stupid poll.

Haha, nice. :thumb:

I had a boss once who tried to sell me on the whole 'moon-landing conspiracy' thing. He had some points I couldn't refute, but it still sounded rather too much like the plot of a sci-fi movie. Besides, as a Christian who believes in the upcoming antichrist and one-world government, I figure I already adhere to enough 'conspiracy theories,' however true they be. Show me a greater 'conspiracy' then a one-world government in planning! :wink

• 4 months later...
  • Members

I must admit, I am a conspiracy theorist. I've enjoyed very much reading some of the posts here and got quite the laugh at some of them. So with that said, I believe in this one. Now the JFK assassination, that was a conspiracy!

I guess for the JFK assassination to have been a conspiracy, it's necessary to prove that Oswald did not act alone.

I'm not aware of definite evidence that has emerged that he acted, having plotted with someone else. He does seem like a typical, rootless, lone ranger-type wacko.

On the other hand, the Ruby shooting can be portrayed as silencing Oswald, though, again, proving the conspiracy is the $64,000 question.

I think a Congressional committee concluded in the 1970s that there probably was a conspiracy, although in law a probable conspiracy would not be sufficient burden of proof for a conviction. This is why so often this kind of hearing is more about politics and the reflection of people's opinions.

But it's hard to see how Neil Armstrong can have been bribed to say he went to the moon. Edited by farouk