• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Did Jesus really rise from the grave

Did Jesus really rise from the grave  

9 members have voted

1. 1. Did Jesus really rise from the grave

• Yes, Jesus did defeat the grave as the Bible states
    • No, Jesus did not defeat the grave
    • It was a conspiracy
    • I don't know

Guest Guest
I knew that song growing up -- but we just sang the tune without any rock music or 'dancing.'

So did we. I just selected that video because of the clarity (perhaps "reinforcement" is a better word) of its melody, as opposed to a child's a cappella version. We may have danced, but that was only because the bus driver forgot to slow down for speed bumps! :cool

It's fairly common in the evangelical churches. Now that I think about it' date=' I haven't heard at all in IFB circles.[/quote']

Yeah, I suppose so. Wait, are you saying that IFB churches are not evangelical? :wink It was an IFB church where I learned it.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members
Seems to me like one every Christian would want to answer.

Does it mean many think its a poll not worth voting in? :uuhm:

Seems this is a very important issue for the Christian, at least it ought to be, right?

Even more interesting.....so if a Christian KNOWS and BELIEVES with all of their heart that Jesus rose from the dead (I don't know of any Christian that doesn't believe in the resurrection of Jesus), but decides not to vote...that makes them non-Christian? There are unbelievers that believe that Jesus had rose from the dead, however, that does NOT make them Christians. IMO, I think that this poll is directed towards an OB choir.

Love,
Madeline

Guest Guest

So did we. I just selected that video because of the clarity (perhaps "reinforcement" is a better word) of its melody, as opposed to a child's a cappella version. We may have danced, but that was only because the bus driver forgot to slow down for speed bumps! :cool

I heard it in an IFB church.. it was either the church I'm attending right now or the one we attended in Oregon before we moved here. I can't remember.

Honestly, that song gets really annoying after a little kid sings it a whole bunch of times around you....lol. It gets stuck in your head too easily.

• Members

I was tempted to PM everyone but Jerry80871852, and ask them to vote it's a conspiracy, just to turn the poll into a consipracy of it's own but I didn't have the time to PM thousands of people just to create a conspiracy. I'm to busy working on world domination through my hidden agenda of mis-information concerning conspiracies.

C

• Members

Even more interesting.....so if a Christian KNOWS and BELIEVES with all of their heart that Jesus rose from the dead (I don't know of any Christian that doesn't believe in the resurrection of Jesus), but decides not to vote...that makes them non-Christian? There are unbelievers that believe that Jesus had rose from the dead, however, that does NOT make them Christians. IMO, I think that this poll is directed towards an OB choir.

Love,
Madeline

Sad to say, there are people who call their self Christians that do not believe in the resurrection.

The same day came to him the Sadducees, which say that there is no resurrection, and asked him,
Matt 22:23 (KJV)

When I made this poll I was really interested in what all members believed about this.

• Members
I was tricked. The title is "Did Jesus really rise from the grave" and I was gonna vote no. But the question is did he defeat death... and that's a yes.

You see.. He didn't so much rise, as He walked out.

I am missing what you are getting at. Are you playing with words? The Scriptures quite clearly use the term risen from the dead in various passages - so yes, He did conquer death and rise from the dead.