• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Did Jesus really rise from the grave

Did Jesus really rise from the grave  

9 members have voted

1. 1. Did Jesus really rise from the grave

• Yes, Jesus did defeat the grave as the Bible states
    • No, Jesus did not defeat the grave
    • It was a conspiracy
    • I don't know

• Members

There are many who hold to the thought Jesus never defeated the grave, that He died and that was all there was to it. Some think Jesus was stolen from the grave by some of His followers.

So what about you, Did Jesus really rise from the grave, or was that just another conspiracy?

I'm asking this because its amazing to me at the many Christians that believes the many conspiracy theories that some come up with here in this United States, many of them just out right stupid.

Some people will accept any conspiracy theory that man can come up with. and most conspiracies are built on something that the child of God should have no part of, gossip.

For instant, there was no air planes that flew into the WTC, it was a total conspiracy.

That white man invented aids to kill black people.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Only those who don't believe the entire Bible is true can believe Jesus didn't rise from the grave. Sadly, there are many professing Christians who hold to the lie that Jesus never died and rose. Muslims teach this as well.

I've never encountered a theory proclaiming no planes flew into the WTC.

Just because something gets labled as a conspiracy theory doesn't mean it is one or that it's evil. There are some alternate views out there about many things. Some are obviously crazy, some seem very probable, and there are many degrees in between.

Many "conspiracy theories" amount more to a question about whether the whole truth has been told about something or if some things have been lied about.

Look at how many years any questions about the Lusitania was derided and mocked as "conspiracy theory" only to have the truth finally come forth decades later that much of what the "conspiracy theorists" said was true.

• Members
Thanks for this poll Jerry' date=' it gave me a laugh!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol:[/quote']

Your welcome. But with what some believe, it would not surprise me that some feel it was a conspiracy.

A lot of people believe the gossip that is put out by politicians against other politicians whose position they want.

There is no doubt in my mind that both democrats and republicans will put out conspiracies against their rivals and there will be people who will buy into them.

Some people will reach down very low to get the office of president or congressman of which they lust after.

We know they will lie about anything to get the office and or keep the office.

• Members

If someone rejects that Christ rose from the dead, they are not saved. There is no salvation apart from believing in His death, burial, and resurrection.

Guest Guest
Without the resurrection there is no hope. Salvation would be very empty without it. I would hope we have no Saducees on the OB.

:lol:

Reminds me of that bus song we used to sing:

(in a sad voice)
I don't wanna be a Sadducee
'Cause there so sad, ya see

( in a happy voice)
I just wanna be a sheep baa baa baa
I pray the Lord, my soul to keep.

*Vir comes back from memory lane*

• Members

And they are Christians????

Wow! I wonder why they are christians in the first place if they don't want to believe in the miracles in the bible.

yes, That Aids thing is ridiculous. I think the reason why black people are the ones with the most AIDS is because they are more sexually active. They have the most abortions too. And use drugs. But all those goes with poverty and poor life. They called Christians crazy for thinking it is a homosexual disease. Called huckabee crazy for wanting to eliminate AIDS as possible by isolating them back in his early days.

There was Doctor on O'reilly and even he thinks we gave black AIDS. Sorry, but if they wait til marriage, and be faithful and don't do drugs, then all that AIDS would not rapidly spread. Even if they do have AIDS, they should be faithful to their spouse so other people won't have AIDS .

• Members
That Aids thing is ridiculous. I think the reason why black people are the ones with the most AIDS is because they are more sexually active. They have the most abortions too. And use drugs.

I don't think these statements are fair. Blacks in a particular area (like the ghettoes of a city) may fit this more than whites in that specific area - but I doubt you can say these things as a general rule. Sin is sin - and we are all sinners, regardless of nationality.

Aids supposedly came from Africa - and when you study the cultures there, you will find that area of the world is filled with idolatry and fornication - therefore it is no wonder that aids is rampant there. It is getting more and more prevalent in North America, because North America is turning from the truth and getting more and more promiscuous and idolatrous.

• Members

ITrue, but t's been shown they have the most abortions. So they are more sexually active. But most people in poverty in the city are. The problem with American blacks is that they have this pride not to act like a white person. So if any black person is conservative (like Keyes)... they would give that black person a hard time for acting like a white person. Their pride take them far away from what the bible says.

Yes everyone is a sinner.. and everyone can get AIDs.

BTW, I am mostly native Indian who possibility have a black ancestor myself.

• Administrators

Jerry8, your polls are great! :lol:

Unfortunately, as you said, there are people who don't believe that He rose. If He didn't, we have not hope of resurrection ourselves, but Praise God we do have hope because He did!!

Reminds me of that bus song we used to sing:

(in a sad voice)
'Cause there so sad, ya see

( in a happy voice)
I pray the Lord, my soul to keep.

*Vir comes back from memory lane*

Never heard that one!!! Is the tune a common one?

Guest Guest
Jerry8, your polls are great! :lol:

Unfortunately, as you said, there are people who don't believe that He rose. If He didn't, we have not hope of resurrection ourselves, but Praise God we do have hope because He did!!

Never heard that one!!! Is the tune a common one?

Umm, it wasn't to me. Here's a video of it: http://youtube.com/watch?v=Pne6dBvBwDQ

• Moderators

I knew that song growing up -- but we just sang the tune without any rock music or 'dancing.'
It's fairly common in the evangelical churches. Now that I think about it, I haven't heard at all in IFB circles.