• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Spring 2008 is upon us

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

You know, I thought snow was always gone when spring comes upon us, but I now realize that is not true for everyone.

Hey, my Crape Myrtles are starting to sprout leaves. Last year we had a late frost and it got all the leaves on my Crape Myrtles, I hope it doesn't do the same thing this year.

I might add I cranked up my lawn mower for the 1st time this season and mowed.

• Members
I longer the grass can wait to be cut the better!

Right, but you can wait to long, my self propelled mower has a 6 HP engine, several times I had to stop to keep it from choking down because the weeds were so tall.

If I had waited any longer it would have took a bush hog and tractor. :uuhm:

• Members

:lol: That happened here last year. About the time I was going to cut the grass for the first time we got about a weeks worth of rain. All of that rain and the extra week before I could cut the grass left me with patches of very tall grass that really made the mower work.

• Members
:lol: That happened here last year. About the time I was going to cut the grass for the first time we got about a weeks worth of rain. All of that rain and the extra week before I could cut the grass left me with patches of very tall grass that really made the mower work.

The last few years our spring time has been extermly dry, this is the wettest one we have had in a while.

• Members

I had a mockingbird attacking my own kitty cat. I even had a video of it, it was quite funny. They would fly down to attack her for a brief second, and fly back up... and they will do this repeatedly until she was back inside. I think they were protecting their babies.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Actually it doesn't and I haven't a clue about looking after animals, except pet cats. I imagine it must be fun working at a zoo. Why do you ask?

Also, saying I do birdwatching for a living makes it sound too glamorous. My actual job is in front of a desk all day; it's our volunteers who get to do all the birdwatching. :-(