• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Easter Dinner

• Members

Is anyone planning a special Easter dinner this year? It will be chilly here so I am making stew, and a veggie, and home made bread and cookies. Our daughters will be bringing veggies and dessert. We hope to have a wonderful time of fellowship too. CJP56. :clap:

• Members

Yes indeedy, we are having a wonderful-good dinner. :drool:

Baked ham (pre-cooked, honey-cured, spiral-cut)

Green bean casserole with mushroom sauce and slivered almonds all over the top.

Candied sweet taters with marshmallows on top.

Mashed taters with brown-butter all over the top.

Succotash made with home-processed corn. (((The lima-beans will be store-boughten but hopefully that can change this year, b/c I plan to grow "skyscraper" limas. :lol: )))

Baked corn pudding. ((((Recipe available. This is to die for. :hungry: ))))

Homemade applesauce

Homemade strawberry jelly.

Homemade Oatmeal bread (recipe given in another thread).

• Members

My work takes me to the Norflok, VA area most of next week so I am taking the family with me. We are driving down on Sunday and probably won't arrive there until about 5 or 6 PM, so who knows what or where we'll eat. It's all good though 'cause we'll all be together.

• Members

Since both my parents and in laws live within 20 miles of us, we will have 2 "Easter" dinners. Thankfully this year we'll have one on Saturday and one on Sunday. (Two Easter dinners in one day is just too much even if the food is good :hungry: ) On Saturday we'll be at my in-laws along with three of my husband's other siblings and their families and we'll have ham, green beans, sweet potato casserole (I'm making that), crock-pot mac n cheese, potato salad, broccoli casserole, homemade yeast rolls and couple of desserts. Yummy!! On Sunday we'll eat Easter lunch with my parents and three of my siblings and we're having turkey breast, green bean casserole (I'm making that), mashed potatoes, corn, not sure what else by way of real food, but then we're having three different kinds of pies :drool for dessert.

• Members

Today my husband and I are having barbecue steaks and chicken over at his mom & stepdad's. Tomorrow our church is having its monthly 4th Sunday potluck. No ham this year. I won't miss it though. I mean, I can get a ham anytime of the year and roast it.

• 2 weeks later...