• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Ziplock bags

Does anyone in your household ever re-wash and re-use ziplock bags?  

1. 1. Does anyone in your household ever re-wash and re-use ziplock bags?

• Yes
    • No

• Members

I do sometimes -- it depends on what I stored in them the first time. If it was meat (esp. raw meat) I toss the bag and start with a new one. I'm pretty thorough when it comes to cleaning, but it's not worth the risk of getting sick just to save a few pennies.

• Members

No.

But I had a Pepsi salesman once, he had an elderly woman for a neighbor who was wealthy. he would go over and help her out at times. Said one day he was over there helping her clean up after she had eaten. Said he wadded up some tin foil to throw in the trash can. she quickly stopped him and told him not to throw it away. Said she took it un-wadded it, smoothed it out, opened up one of her cabinets doors and laid it down on a fairly large pile of used tin foil.

He told her how silly she was for doing this with all the money she had. Them she told him, if you would save like I do you might have some money in the bank too, but no, your in to big of a hurry to save things where you can have money in the bank. If you don't slow down you and your wife will never have nothing.

He went on to say, she was right, both my wife and I need to take lessons from her, I feel sure if we did when we get older it would be much easier on both of us.