• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Is praying for your sick children enough

Should our goverment intervene on sick children?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Should our goverment intervene on sick children?

• Yes
    • No
    • I don't know
    • I'm undecided

• Members

Do you all not have faith in God's Word? I surely do. I would not be a preacher of His Word if I did not believe the whole Bible.

3 For rulers are not a terror to good works, but to the evil. Wilt thou then not be afraid of the power? do that which is good, and thou shalt have praise of the same:

Romans 13:3 (KJV)

Its not my proposed system, but God's. God knows well that mankind need a goverment to control them and enforce the laws and punishes those who do wrong. And He tells us, "do that which is good, and thou shalt have praise of the same."

What have you got against the goverment punishing those parents who abuse, endanger their children's lives, and even kill their helpless children?

Do you think helpless children are not worth saving?

Do you really think God would approve of our goverment and us turning our eyes away from parents who abuse their children to the point that they may die?

I'm amazed at how hard hearted you are on this issue and how little faith you seem to be showing in God's Word, "do that which is good, and thou shalt have praise of the same."

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members
Do you all not have faith in God's Word? I surely do. I would not be a preacher of His Word if I did not believe the whole Bible.

3 For rulers are not a terror to good works, but to the evil. Wilt thou then not be afraid of the power? do that which is good, and thou shalt have praise of the same:

Romans 13:3 (KJV)

Its not my proposed system, but God's. God knows well that mankind need a goverment to control them and enforce the laws and punishes those who do wrong. And He tells us, "do that which is good, and thou shalt have praise of the same."

What have you got against the goverment punishing those parents who abuse, endanger their children's lives, and even kill their helpless children?

Do you think helpless children are not worth saving?

Do you really think God would approve of our goverment and us turning our eyes away from parents who abuse their children to the point that they may die?

I'm amazed at how hard hearted you are on this issue and how little faith you seem to be showing in God's Word, "do that which is good, and thou shalt have praise of the same."

You are really stretching Scriptures out of proportion here.

The government is to deal with society, not internal family matters.

Read what God's Word says about families and who it is that's in charge. The government isn't mentioned.

I have faith in God that He will do what is right for these children. If you believe when a young child dies they go to heaven then you can already see that God has more than greatly taken care of the child.

Remember, God tells us that not even a sparrow dies without Him allowing it. If God allows a child to die then He has His reasons and we should trust that. There is so much that we don't know and can't fathom but one thing is certain, leaving this world to be in heaven is wonderful for the one who arrives in heaven.

• Members
Am I' date=' its a major problem for everyone when parents are abusing their children, surely would would not want to set by and watch helpless children abused by their own parents and no one lift a finger to help them.[/quote']

Then why don't you just start going door to door and calling the police on every family you don't approve of how they are living?

• Members

Believe me, If I though someone was endangering their child I surely would. I would not wait until the child was dead. What about you?

Do you really think that Jesus would turn His back on a parent who was endangering a childs life?

5 And whoso shall receive one such little child in my name receiveth me.
6 But whoso shall offend one of these little ones which believe in me, it were better for him that a millstone were hanged about his neck, and that he were drowned in the depth of the sea.
Matt 18:5-6 (KJV)

No one, not even parents have the right to endanger the lives of their own children by abusing them, no one!

• Members

:lol:

Jerry you are like so going nuts on this topic. None of us have ever said we approve of child abuse yet you are going on and on and on like we are all child abusers ourselves! All we said is this kid in the OP got diabetes real fast, and may have died even in a doctors care. And that the police have already said the children WERE NOT BEING ABUSED in any form.

So not sure where you are getting all this junk about how hateful and cold we are, since the topic of the thread is children who are not abused, even according to social services.

:uuhm:

• Members

Because you keep saying it is no ones business what goes on between parents and their children in the home, you seem to imply no matter what takes place, even if the child is abused and or their life is endangered that the goverment should stay completely out and leave things alone.

That is how you have been coming across.

• Members

I believe, if you read my posts, you'll find that I said the government has no right to interfere if THERE IS NO PROOF that abuse is going on. All this stuff you are talking about is like gross abuse. I'm talking about the original case, where the social workers said "Oh these kids are not abused but we are going to remove them anyway for awhile." Which they had no right to do. The benefit of the doubt should always lie with the parents. I can tell by your posting that you have no young children living at home.

• Members
I believe' date=' if you read my posts, you'll find that I said the government has no right to interfere if THERE IS NO PROOF that abuse is going on. All this stuff you are talking about is like gross abuse. I'm talking about the original case, where the social workers said "Oh these kids are not abused but we are going to remove them anyway for awhile." Which they had no right to do. The benefit of the doubt should always lie with the parents. I can tell by your posting that you have no young children living at home.[/quote']

Of course I don't, I'm 61 years of age, but this has nothing to do with having young children at home.

And of course, there has to be some proof that abuse is taking place before the goverment intervenes between parents and the children. It has always been that way in America since the constitution and bill of rights were written an signed. But you insinuate that the government never had a right to intervene between parent and child.

• Members

I said the government had no right in this particular case, and in general does not have a right to interfere unless there is proven and severe abuse going on.

And it does, because you didn't have to raise your kids in a time when any little accidental bruise from boys being "boys" is cause for pediatricians to raise their eyebrow in distrust....and you didn't raise your kids during a time where if you left them in a car on a rainy day for 30 seconds while within 10 feet of your car, you get handcuffed and shipped off to jail for "child neglect". I have four young children at home, and to hear you feel that its your responsibility to report every little thing to the police...well its people like you who make young parents even more nervous than they already are, with the big responsibility ahead of them.

• Administrators

Problem is, Jerry, that the government doesn't wait for proof. All they need now is just an accusation, and they will remove the kid(s). It happens all the time - even in cases where Christians are trying to help. And it happens to people who are Christians who've taken their kids to doctors and doctors assume the child is being abused. I know a pastor's family whose daughter fell down the stairs, and because the doctor claimed she had a bruise on her face that couldn't possibly come from a fall, she was taken away for a good long time. It was eventually proven that, yes, the bruise was consistent with the fall. But no apologies given for the peremptory way things were handled. And that was 20 years ago. It's much worse today.

BTW, I agree that government is to be a terror to those who do evil...but would you say that the governments in communist countries are terror to only those who do evil? All those preachers and other Christians who are jailed for serving God are doing evil? How does that square with what you were saying earlier? Really, I am just curious, not trying to incite an argument.