• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Why is the KJV superior to modern Bibles?

Guest Guest

There is a radio broadcast from Cleveland, OH. It is called "Where's God's Word". It airs on 1220 A.M. radio every Thursday night at 8:00 P.M. For those of you that have logged onto my church website...http://www.CRBC-online.org. Bro. Bruce Musselman is an evangelist who has dedicated his life to the cause of Jesus Christ. He also preaches Baptist History on my church site...on-line (Wednesday nights...with one more to go at tonight's service). He was saved at age 3 1/2 and his dad was an IFB Baptist preacher. He has a long history of Baptist roots. I hope you can get this broadcast VIA satelight...b/c it will explain the importance of the KJV Bible. He is a very humble man, but has quite a legacy. Including, Musselman Applesauce, and many Independent Bible Believing book publications are as a direct result of his family. He is a :saint by EVERY means of the word. He is a historian, scientist, writer, and wonderful Gospel singer....amongst other talents. :amen:

candlelight :wave:

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Guest

Missy, your pursuit of finding the most accurate translation of the Bible, is commendable and God will honor your efforts. I agree with Bro. Jerry in his statement( the new NKJV is nothing more than a bridge to other modern translations.). There are several reasons the KJV is sited by some as the least accurate of all translations.

1.) It is the only translation written on a 12th grade level. Modern translations, to borrow a phrase from public education, are deliberate attempt to dumb down Biblical truth and doctrine. Most modern translations are written on a 6th grade level.

2.) The KJV New Testament comes from the Majority Text (that is, from those manuscripts that agree with each other and are most prevalent.) Unlike the translators of 1611, Westcott, and Hort (Two men who dispised the very things that most Christians hold sacred. There influence can be seen directly in the revision of 1881 and indirectly in every modern translation since that time) rejected the Majority Text and relied heavily on the ALEXANDRIAN MANUSCRIPTS which included the VATICANUS and SINAITICUS MANUSCRIPTS. These two men regarded the Vaticanus and Sinaiticus as authoritative, yet these two manuscripts disagree with each other over 3000 times in the Gospels alone. Every modern translation relies heavily on these two manuscripts and they form the basis for some 99% them!

Westcott and Hort changed the Greek text of the Textus Receptus in 5,337 places. Thus attacking the very fabric of everything Christians hold sacred.

PROBLEMS WITH WESTCOTT AND HORT

* Did not believe in a literal heaven.
* Did not believe in the literal Second Coming of Christ.
*Did not believe in literal 1,000 year reign of Christ.
*Did not believe in the reality of angels.
*Denied the existence of the Holy Trinity.
* Doubted the soul's existence apart from the body.
* Did not believe in a literal devil.
* Did not believe in the miracles in the Bible.

Whether you choose the NIV, NKJV, NASV, LIVING BIBLE, or any other modern translation it does not matter. They have a common thread, to dilute the deity of Christ, and to mock Biblical truth. This includeds the NKJV which departs from the Textus Receptus, choosing to align itself with the false and heretical Westcott and Hort text.

I hope this helps.

In Joy I Serve Christ,

Bro. Leon

• 3 years later...
  • Members
* Did not believe in a literal heaven.
* Did not believe in the literal Second Coming of Christ.
*Did not believe in literal 1,000 year reign of Christ.
*Did not believe in the reality of angels.
*Denied the existence of the Holy Trinity.
* Doubted the soul's existence apart from the body.
* Did not believe in a literal devil.
* Did not believe in the miracles in the Bible.

SOURCED Proof please.