• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Remote Assistance HELP?!

Anon

• Members

I'm trying to help my friend on her computer. We are trying to do MSN remote assistance. When I try to get onto her computer it says:

"Remote Assistance connection could not be established because the remote host name could not be resolved. Please try again."

However we tried it the opposite way for her to see MY computer and it went through. But...I don't need help (not the kind she can offer anyway!) but she does!

Why does it only work one way???? We both have the 2008 version of Live Messenger.

• Members

I think both of you need to have the same MSN version. If she have an older version, and you have a newer version, she'll have to download and reinstall the newer one. (be careful though.. if yours become older after she install a new one, you may have to do the same thing. )

• Members

Is her remote assistance permission turned on?

Start> control panel> System>

Click on the remote tab - the box that says "Allow users to connect remotely to this computer" should have a check mark.

• Members

I agree about Logmein.com - I use it all the time to access computers to help family and friends. It's free to use, but it can be complicated for the person on the other end to install. Once it's installed, the other person just has to be online for you to control their computer.

• Members

Thanks! I downloaded it, hope my friend can download it ok. She's getting a little frustrated I think with the whole ordeal. I'm trying to convince her this will help. LOL.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...