• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Do you know anyone who does not drive?

Do you know anyone who does not drive?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Do you know anyone who does not drive?

• Yes
    • No

• Members

actually, the reason I don't like to drive because it overwhelm me. I get exhausted from it, sometimes an headache. Also I get nervous on the road, I think that what is overwhelming me. .You should listen to them if they are not anxious to get a license. They just may not be ready for it.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrators

It's hard for me to drive at night. The lights from oncoming cars really bother my eyes. I very rarely drive at night anymore because of that - only in have to situations.

I didn't get my license until I was 26. I really didn't need one until then. When I lived with my folks, they drove. When I was in college, I didn't really need to go anywhere. When I first started teaching, we carpooled, so I just helped with gas. But eventually I did need a car. So I got my license one month, my car the next, drove to visit my parents and met my hubby to be the next month, moved to that part of Ohio the next month, got engaged the next month and got married the month after that. :lol::lol: See what getting my driver's license did for me? :thumb :lol:

• Members

My grandma (she has passed away ) never drove .My aunt also doesn't drive ,she walks and if she is not able she catches rides with one of her sisters.
I didn't get a license till I was 23 so I am not real confident .If I have to drive I will otherwise I prefer not to .

• Members

My dad was against letting girls get their license until after they got married. The only reason he gave was that someone he knew had had that rule and he liked it. The only problem was that I started a job in my senior year of high school through the time I got married so he or my mom had to take me. Which would have been fine except that they complained all of the time about having to take me places (especially once I started wedding plans, etc.). They didn't mind me having the job, but they didn't like having to take me to work but he didn't want me to have my license. I got my permit about a month before I got married and found out I had to have it for 6 months before I could try for my license. As soon as the six months were up, my husband took me to get my license (after we had practiced all the necessary driving maneuvers) and I passed the first time!! I've been driving ever since. I like being able to drive, but we were a one vehicle family until recently so I did a lot of driving as I would take him to work then use the car for errands, job, etc. then go pick him up.

Thankfully, my dad has allowed my sister, who is graduating from college next month, to get her license although she has no prospect of marriage at this time. This helps my parents out a lot.

My maternal grandmother does not drive. She does have her drivers license but does not drive. My grandfather never wanted her to as he was very controlling. Now she regrets not being comfortable driving because my grandfather has gone through a bad spell with health issues and she is stranded most of the time.
I think having your license is definitely a good thing.

• Moderators

I got my license at 17 -- didn't really want to, but we lived in the country, and it made it easier for Mom not to have to drive me to lessons/errands.
I know a couple of girls who don't drive. One lives in the city and always took the bus to work. Her mom or brother would drive her to church or wherever else she needed to go. She had finally begun to think about getting her license and a car - when she got married! So now her husband drives, and she still doesn't have her license! :lol:

• Members

I don't drive. I have a license [which I have had for 25 years] but for the past ten years have chosen not to, due to health issues. I love driving, it is a privilege to be able to get in a car a just go where and whenever you please [with respect to the law of course]. Since I run my own business from home I need to get around. Public transport is virtually non-existent and thus I have to rely on my wife to get me around. She is not overtly fond of driving but she is an excellent driver nonetheless.

• 1 month later...
  • Members

I live in Amish country folks. Almost all of my neighbors drive a horse and have never had a license. Here is my neighbor's ride:
IMG_6440-1.jpg
On a side note there is a lady in my church who has never had her license.

• Members

There are many Amish and Mennonite around here that don't drive either. One Mennonite group allows their members to ride in vehicles driven by non-Mennonites while another Mennonite group allows a couple of the members to drive and the other Mennonites to ride with them. All the rest go by horse 'n buggy.