• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

are our prayer unworthy?

• Members
our are prayers unworthy,
we all pray with sinful hands.
should I still pray alot even though I'm unworthy to pray to God Almighty?

1) our are prayers unworthy
No, not if you're saved or asking for salvation. How much sin of hands is covered when you ask God to save you?
Micah 7:7 Therefore I will look unto the LORD; I will wait for the God of my salvation: my God will hear me.

2) should I still pray alot even though I'm unworthy to pray to God Almighty?
Keep this attitude, make it a heart attitude, and tell God you feel this way.

• Members

If you are a Christian--that is, if you have claimed Christ's righteousness as your own through belief in His death and resurrection--then your prayers are not unworthy. When God looks at you, He sees no sin--only His Son, Jesus. When Jesus said, "No one comes unto the Father but by Me," this is what He meant. Holy God cannot look upon sin; He cannot commune with sinful creatures. But Jesus took care of that. He took our sins upon Himself on the cross and died to pay the penalty for them. Because we as Christians are covered in His righteousness, which was imputed to us at the moment of salvation, we can, as Paul says, "boldly approach the throne of grace."

• Members

Actually, Scripture is clear that walking on some sins can and does indeed hinder the prayers of even the saved. It's not that our prayers are unworthy but rather that we have allowed certain sins to come between us and God so that He will not hear our prayers.

• Members

Proverbs 28:9 says a church skipper's prayers are offensive to God.... Thats a saved, born again, man or woman....when they start skipping church (turning away from the "law" i.e. the word of God) even their prayers become an abomination. This is why when you're unfaithful to the house of God you can tell your prayers ain't getting past the cieling fan.

Guest Guest

We pray to God in the name of Jesus Christ. If you want to be in the right place with God confess that you are a sinner and believe that Jesus died on the cross for your sins and was raised from the dead. You are correct that we are all sinners, but we ask for forgiveness for that sin. When we see sins in our lives, we confess them and turn from them because we are not satisfied with letting them stay there. We don't want to be the people we used to be before we trusted in Jesus. Faith in Jesus Christ makes us worthy to pray.

"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." -John 3:16

"The sacrifice of the wicked is an abomination to the LORD: but the prayer of the upright is his delight." -Proverbs 15:8

"And when ye stand praying, forgive, if ye have ought against any: that your Father also which is in heaven may forgive you your trespasses." -Mark 11:25

"As far as the east is from the west, so far hath he removed our transgressions from us." -Psalm 103:12