• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Switching To Digital

• Members

We bought our present TV in 1993, we have Direct TV, but watch local TV stations on our antenna.

I'm debating on getting a new TV or a converted box. so we can keep watching our local TV stations.

I think this is a rotten deal our goverment is forcing on its citizens. But I see it as a boom for the makers and sellers of TV's.

• Members
We got Dish' date=' no local channels. Unless you pay extra and or buy a package that includes them.[/quote']

That's what we have Dish. We get the Family Pack. I think they will add the local channels for five dollars or something per month but it's not that important to me.

• Members

I checked Direct TV's web site, seems that I could get just about what I got now, plus local channels for a few less dollars per month.

I just sent off my bill to Dish and included a note telling them, make an offer or I'm leaving.

I like the local channels for weather reports, especially when its stormy.

• Members

I won't do a thing. I don't pay for our cable, the motel owner does. He may have to replace a lot of TV's but not me. If I had to pay anthing then I wouldn't have cable. I think it is a waste of money.

Guest Guest

Haha yep. Huge waste of money. We don't have cable. I still don't understand why people whine about not having a lot of money but they buy cable...doesn't add up.