• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Switching To Digital

• Members

Probably a converter box. We just have antenna tv right now anyway, we canceled cable. We have plenty to watch on dvd, or the most important ballgames are on regular tv. And then the kids play their Playstation there. That's about it.

• Members

I voted "other" because I'm still undecided. Reasons as follows::::::

***The time and money:::::::: These are the main objects against getting anything just yet. If I was completely out of debt and all of my inventions finished up I'd consider the LED DLP, but with the economy the way it is I need to be frugal right now.

***Stewardship issue::::::: I cannot justify spending the money on something like this since it would be used so little.

***Even apart from the economy issue, there is such worldwide instability I cannot justify time in front of a video box. Too much other stuff to do.

It's probably my age. When I was younger I could more things done in a day, but age crept up on me and now I seem to be a lot slower. :Green

• Administrators

We do not have cable, but I am able to pull in around 7 viewable channels with my little antenna on the TV. My isp supports ESPN360 so am able to watch my sports teams online. Some of the time my family and I spend watching TV is online. We will occasionally go to fox.com to watch "Are you smarter than a 5th grader".

• Members
We do not have cable' date=' but I am able to pull in around 7 viewable channels with my little antenna on the TV. My isp supports ESPN360 so am able to watch my sports teams online. Some of the time my family and I spend watching TV is online. We will occasionally go to fox.com to watch "Are you smarter than a 5th grader".[/quote']

How do you get ESPN360 online?

Our computer is not in a very "sit and watch tv" friendly spot but that would be cool.

We rarely watch tv unless its football season....so my husband would probably buy the box just for that...but we usually just watch dvds.

• Members
Just to to http://sports.espn.go.com/broadband/espn360/index it will tell you if your isp supports it. I'll be watching the Celtics on it tonight.

Oops no Comcast. They want you to buy cable, evidently.

That's ok. I'd hate for my husband to have to steal the computer to watch sports, of all things. LOL. This thing is MINE. :Bleh (Just kidding!)

• Members
It's important that we realize the TV is only a tool. Guns and autos are also tools. They can be used for evil or good; the choice is ours.
Excellent point PE.
I chose against, others may not.
My Pastor uses his to watch Andy Griffith on and the Assistant Pastor has one as well and we are an IFB separatist Church.