• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Should men wear pink or purple?

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I have some friends who have pink polos and I would never tell them they look like a sodomite. They would beat me to a pulp. Would black be considered masculine or blue? Women should not wear these colors. It is nonsense. I had some sodomite friends when I was backslid and I never remember them in pink.

• Members

Can someone really "look" effiminate? Isn't that pretty much a subjective opinion based on one's culture? I always thought that whether a person was effiminate or not was based on the way that acted, not the way they looked. On the issue of pinks shirts, I too think it is ignorant to say that a certain color is effiminate. Here in the south, where it is 90 degrees in the middle of April, we wear all kinds of pastel shades and colors for the sole purpose of self regulating our body temperatures. And why do certain people refer to homosexuals as sodomites? It is assuming that every person who lived in Sodom was a homosexual, which we have no evidence of. It would be comparable to calling everyone in Utah a Mormon, which would be patently false.

• Administrators

[offtopic]

And why do certain people refer to homosexuals as sodomites?
Well' date=' by definition, the act they perform is sodomy. So, they are sodomites.[/offtopic']

But, as I said earlier, I don't think it's a sin for a guy to wear pink or purple. I just don't care for it. I remember when I was younger, "fashion advice" given to young men as to why they should wear pink. I won't repeat it on a public forum, because it is very disgusting...and that's why I don't like men in pink. Dark purple doesn't bother me, but pastel purple comes close. But I wouldn't condemn anyone out of hand for wearing it.

• Members

I'm not trying to be politically correct, just accurate. And sodomy in our state includes more than just physical relations between two men. It can be committed by a man and another man, a man and a woman, or a woman and another woman. I believe the exact definition is "any thing other than intercourse," which would include a whole litany of acts. Also, isn't "sodomite" also used in the Bible to label someone that is not hospitable? (could be wrong, just thought I remebered it being used in that context)

• Members

No - Ezekiel also lists some of the other sins of Sodom - but the term sodomite was in reference to their unnatural relations.

Ezekiel 16:49-50 Behold, this was the iniquity of thy sister Sodom, pride, fulness of bread, and abundance of idleness was in her and in her daughters, neither did she strengthen the hand of the poor and needy. And they were haughty, and committed abomination before me: therefore I took them away as I saw good.

Deuteronomy 23:17 There shall be no whore of the daughters of Israel, nor a sodomite of the sons of Israel.

1 Kings 14:24 And there were also sodomites in the land: and they did according to all the abominations of the nations which the LORD cast out before the children of Israel.

1 Kings 15:12 And he took away the sodomites out of the land, and removed all the idols that his fathers had made.

1 Kings 22:46 And the remnant of the sodomites, which remained in the days of his father Asa, he took out of the land.

2 Kings 23:7 And he brake down the houses of the sodomites, that were by the house of the LORD, where the women wove hangings for the grove.

• Members

Forgive me if I'm missing something, but I still don't see from the verses that you posted that "sodomite" unequivically refers to a homosexual. It appears that the label applies not only to homosexuals, but also people guilty of

pride' date=' fulness of bread, and abundance of idleness was in her and in her daughters, neither did she strengthen the hand of the poor and needy.[/quote']

Guest Guest

I think it is the new Bible versions that have promoted the silly idea that sodomy just means inhospitable, as if God destroyed two entire cities for not being hospitable...

• Members

I don't believe it just applies to being unhospitable. The verse clearly states that they were guilty of "not strenghening the hand of the poor and needy." I understand that some sodomites where guilty of homosexuality, I just also understand the Bible to teach that homosexuality was not the only sin they were guilty of.