• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Where are the teens?!

• Replies 518
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

No fever, but I do agree with the odd part. I am very different from young people, I enjoy school, and I wish I could go back! Cant wait till I go to college. I also love to go to work (now that is a scary thing!), I work at Wendy's, but the best part of all, there is a manager that is a Christian, and we never agrue, we agree on so much! So when we are not that busy and everything is clean and ready to go, we have a small fellowship, singing a few songs, and we keep to ourself becasue we dont want to get others involved (because religion at work...... can get you into trouble, depending who you talk to about it).

Hey get this, when I was growing up, I hated candy, I wanted fruits and salads and all that to eat! I have a very weird personailty, but guess what...... God made me as I am, and I am thankful God has made me different from others.

So its how ever you want to look at it.

• Members

If God has called you to be something, you better get a passion for it QUICK! If not, your going to be miserable to do God's Will, and also more then likely, because "God has called you to be something" and dont get a passion for it, and become miserable, you will also give up on God also for "putting you in the spot you in".

Keep this verse in mind, and sing it if you know how it is sung; "This is the day, this is the day, that the Lord has made, that the Lord had made, I will rejoice, I will rejoice, and be glad in it, and be glad in it. This is the day that the Lord has made, I will rejoice and be glad in it. This is the day, this is the day, that the Lord has made!"

Sorry, I sing in the choir, and that is my passion, I love to sing, and with my loud voice, I love to preach, I have grown a passion for those two things, and I have also grown a passion for young people, so I know that God has called me to be a Youth Pastor (the loud voice does come in handy when trying to talk over loud and annoying teens, no offense to you lol).

• Members

I have a passion for teaching. just not for mandatory homework assignments that force me to study things such as evolution or other random things. I love some jof my classes and tolerate most others. i just don't like to have fiction reported to me as fact. teachers are given a choice whether to cover certain topics, and most of my teachers do. I hope i won't have to.

• Members

I have to agree with you in that area, teachers can teach mostly anything they want in school, even their own believes (as long as they keep Bible out, so if a Christian teach their believes, its wrong, man, doesnt that sound like an oxymoron!).

You could always become a teacher for a private school, like Clays Mill Baptist has their own school (Lexington, KY), that is where most of the kids from my church go to (didnt have that kind of chance, my family sent me to a public school).

• Members

i know i could. but when i walk through the hallways and see those teens around me who will probably die and go to hell, my heart breaks. the kids at my churchs private school are constantly taught the bible and salvation, even if it is a class on biblical truths. the kids i go to schools with have no such oppurtunity. and unfortunately my freshman and sophomore years were not lived in a Christian manner, and i was really no different from them, although i was saved. i dabbled in heresy and even witchcraft. praise the lord He helped me past that with the help of a Godly church family, but my friends still remember, and those around me still see me that way. one and a half years of sin would take me twenty to erase from their minds, if i could. but teaching at a public school would allow me to be an example, even if i can't talk to them about Christ at school. by showing a difference to kids who don't know my past and see what i am now, i can make a difference. i can be available outside of school to show them the Bible. how can i do that in a private school?

• Members

I cant answer that, you left the door wide open for yourself, I can give you so many things, but its you that has to talk to God about what path you should take. I know your young, but when it comes to making adult choices, its hard. A lot of young people think older people are stupid, dont know nothing, when truly, I am 20, I was ashame to look back to be a jerk and a know it all. When making adult choices, that what counts. Its not easy, but these choices will decide what kind of young lady you will become. So walk with God, and as long as you walk with God, you will do God's Will, and in Proverbs 31:30, a guy will praise your name for fearing the Lord, that guy will give you honor beyond anything, and right now, I am praising you because you want to do what God wants for you. Take care of yourself.

• Members

well, i have been able to open my bible with some friends the past week. once for a tough situation, but i don't know if she is saved or not. i eat lunch with her every week and am trying to share. another when we talked about moses in my AP english class. it gave way to a discussion on faith and someone brought up the "by faith" "Bible Hall of Fame" (Hebrews 11). no one really believed the four of us who brought it up, so i showed them in my Bible. Then we went on to another topic.