• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Are you an organ donor?

Are you an organ donor?  

2 members have voted

1. 1. Are you an organ donor?

• Yes
    • No

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

My ????'s in giving and recieving body parts is this. When the rapture occurs, do your donated body parts go with you? I realize we are given new bodies, don't want to keep this one anyway, but will there suddenly be a liver or lung lying on the ground or an eye or heart suddenly gone? Sure would be funny to see the scientist come up with something to explain this. :lol: :puzzled:

• Members
My ????'s in giving and recieving body parts is this. When the rapture occurs' date=' do your donated body parts go with you? I realize we are given new bodies, don't want to keep this one anyway, but will there suddenly be a liver or lung lying on the ground or an eye or heart suddenly gone? Sure would be funny to see the scientist come up with something to explain this. :lol: :puzzled:[/quote']

My same questions. Because these questions are so strong in my mind, I am not an organ donor.

• Members

I think organ donation is the same thing as blood transfusion or a bone marrow transplant.

If my child ever needs a kidney, I will be glad to donate one or accept a donation. Therefore I should be willing to do the same. So yes I'm a donor.

• Members
I think organ donation is the same thing as blood transfusion or a bone marrow transplant.

I don't see it as the same, because your body is continuesly making and removing blood and marrow cells. Our bodies don't just reproduce an eye or lung.

• Members

My husband said the same thing about being blown up or cremated....

And as far as blood or bone marrow transplants....yes we can make more but its still transplanting body fluid or substance into another body. And kidney transplant can be a living donor. Then some donations are from a dead donor. Its stairsteps...and I guess its easy to draw the line where you want to draw it, until you are the one who needs the heart transplant, or your kid is the one who needs a kidney transplant.

I want to know...those of you against organ donation (and I was there at one time myself!):

If the doctors said "Your child's liver is failing. If he does not get a transplant, he will die in 6 months." Would you decide to suddenly believe in organ transplants, or would you say "No thanks, we'll take a trip to Disney World and say good bye"?