• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Mormon Missionaries

• Members

I know just what you mean. It's becoming almost a bad thing today to actually ask someone if they are born again or not...and especially if you ask them to explain why/how they believe they are born again.

I can still remember when few used the term born again, but today it's become a popular term that even many Catholics use! In other words, that term alone means nothing unless the person who claims to be born again can give a clear, biblical testimony as to what that means.

Of course, when we ask these questions we are "wrongfully judging others".

It's sad to think of how many tens of thousands here in America alone have wrapped themselves in religious garb, in religious speak, and believe they are okay with God, but are yet blind and deaf to the truth. :sad

• Members

Born again is a too churchy word to most new types. I did EE at my old church and that is what the curiculum said. I think the popular church today has taken notes from the Mormons, Jehovah Witnesses, and the church at Rome. It seems they want to change their foundations just enough to make people think they are new and fresh.

• Members

No doubt, once they corrupt the old terms they set out to create something "new and fresh". :gross:

For many, this means "personal experience". Too often this "personal experience" is, or was, nothing more than an emotional experience.

Then there are many who overemphasis the Holy Spirit and "experiences" with Him.

Some push "personal experiences" in "spiritual warfare" where they actually encourage folks to seek out demons and confront them!

The largest, fastest growing churches in this area are the ones who give folks the "personal experience" of a "spiritual high" through rockin' entertainment from beginning of services to the end.

Guest Guest

When I got saved out of the RCC, God really spoke to my heart. He told me..."If you can work that hard for Satan...imagine what you can do for the Lord?" This phrase is the reason that witnessing is so very important to me. The Devil has millions of people with good morals and values blinded to the truth. :sad

We have been given a "priceless" free gift which none of us deserves. If we present the Gospel to the lost world...we have done what the Lord Jesus has commanded us to do..."The Great Commission." It isn't an option for IFB's, it is a commandment. :thumb If a soul gets saved? The next step for IFB's is to disciple them. Isn't this want God expects from His children?

• Members
When I got saved out of the RCC, God really spoke to my heart. He told me..."If you can work that hard for Satan...imagine what you can do for the Lord?" This phrase is the reason that witnessing is so very important to me. The Devil has millions of people with good morals and values blinded to the truth. :sad

We have been given a "priceless" free gift which none of us deserves. If we present the Gospel to the lost world...we have done what the Lord Jesus has commanded us to do..."The Great Commission." It isn't an option for IFB's, it is a commandment. :thumb If a soul gets saved? The next step for IFB's is to disciple them. Isn't this want God expects from His children?

:amen:

• Members

They work hard to earn heaven. We are secure in heaven sealed by the holy spirit Eph 1:13

It is a shame that we do not spend more time trying to earn rewards for the Lord I Cor 3

I know the more I work for the Lord, I feel like I do less. I know that is the Holy Spirit leading me to be an apporved workman. 2 Tim 2:15

I dont know about anyone else but when I give account to the Lord of myself, I have some things to answer for. But ive also learned not to look back, but to keep moving forward. Keep witnessing to those mormons and JW's and the like. Sew the seeds, God will give the increase. We have a preacher that will be here in 2 weeks. He was a mormon for 38 years. He was won by the conversation of his wife.

Priase God. :amen:

God Bless you all. :wave:

• 1 year later...
  • Members

I just love to hear this!! Christian women who pray for and love their husband's to the Lord! The fact that the Lord even uses us to bring our husband's to the Lord is so humbling. Praise the Lord!! in Christ, His by Grace

They work hard to earn heaven. We are secure in heaven sealed by the holy spirit Eph 1:13

It is a shame that we do not spend more time trying to earn rewards for the Lord I Cor 3

I know the more I work for the Lord, I feel like I do less. I know that is the Holy Spirit leading me to be an apporved workman. 2 Tim 2:15

I dont know about anyone else but when I give account to the Lord of myself, I have some things to answer for. But ive also learned not to look back, but to keep moving forward. Keep witnessing to those mormons and JW's and the like. Sew the seeds, God will give the increase. We have a preacher that will be here in 2 weeks. He was a mormon for 38 years. He was won by the conversation of his wife.

Priase God. :amen:

God Bless you all. :wave:

• Members

No doubt, once they corrupt the old terms they set out to create something "new and fresh". :gross:

For many, this means "personal experience". Too often this "personal experience" is, or was, nothing more than an emotional experience.

Then there are many who overemphasis the Holy Spirit and "experiences" with Him.

Yeah, that's what happened to me when I first got religion. I say "got religion" because that's all it was. I was just playing religious games. I didn't get saved until several years later.

Some push "personal experiences" in "spiritual warfare" where they actually encourage folks to seek out demons and confront them!

I've met people like this. My response to them is "Oh, goody. Which one of the Seven Sons of Sceva are you"?

The largest, fastest growing churches in this area are the ones who give folks the "personal experience" of a "spiritual high" through rockin' entertainment from beginning of services to the end.

John, if it makes you feel any better, our church went from 22 people to roughly 350 in about three years and I have heard people say over and over that the reason they wanted to join our church so badly is that we were one of the few in our area who were just preaching the word of God and fulfilling the requirements the New Testamant lays out for the church, and not doing any of the seeker sensitive, emergent silliness.

I'm also getting reports from our sister churches and friends in other churches that Bible believing churches are growing. Fewer in number, but those that remain are seeing sharp increases in membership.

What that tells me is that the good churches are weeding out false converts, pew warmers, and the "entertain me" crowd. While those folks just go on to join or form bad churches, it allows the good churches to get down to the business of preaching the Gospel.[/align]

• Members

Yes, I do believe the sheep and goats are being more clearly separated. Our church experienced some good growth for several years, we've leveled off now, and much of the growth came from various churches falling apart due to fights over liberalism.

Many of our members drive long distances to attend our church because there just are not other good churches near them.

I see good churches doing good, but they are fewer than they used to be and many folks have to do a lot of travelling to attend them.

• Members

DeputyDog530 in your original post you said this:

It broke my heart that these two boys have taken the lie hook, line, and sinker, based on what someone told them.

That is the key to winning LDS or Jehovah's Witness', a broken heart.

Short Story: Shortly after my wife and I were saved, my fahter-in-law converted to Mormonism and took the rest of the family at home into LDS. We were heartsick. It cause me to learn alot about the LDS church. I began witnessing to the missionary boys and girls in Texas while I was in Bible College. In a sense, I used to tear their heads off. One day the Lord got ahold of me and let me know that I would not have good results until I loved them like he does. Wow! That blew me away. I changed the way I saw them and the results were noticable.

I used to use "anti" material, i.e., stuff about Joseph Smith, changes in the Standard Works (Book of Mormon, Doctrines and Covenants, and Pearl of Great Price,) etc., but I found that scripture alone is best. Why use a one-edged butterknife when you can use a two-edged sword?

Relationship opens doors. See them as they are, people just like you and me trying to find their way into the kingdom (and yes, I believe in eternal salvation, just using a literary phrase.)

Dan 12:3 And they that be wise shall shine as the brightness of the firmament; and they that turn many to righteousness as the stars for ever and ever.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

DeputyDog530 in your original post you said this:

That is the key to winning LDS or Jehovah's Witness', a broken heart.

Short Story: Shortly after my wife and I were saved, my fahter-in-law converted to Mormonism and took the rest of the family at home into LDS. We were heartsick. It cause me to learn alot about the LDS church. I began witnessing to the missionary boys and girls in Texas while I was in Bible College. In a sense, I used to tear their heads off. One day the Lord got ahold of me and let me know that I would not have good results until I loved them like he does. Wow! That blew me away. I changed the way I saw them and the results were noticable.

I used to use "anti" material, i.e., stuff about Joseph Smith, changes in the Standard Works (Book of Mormon, Doctrines and Covenants, and Pearl of Great Price,) etc., but I found that scripture alone is best. Why use a one-edged butterknife when you can use a two-edged sword?

Relationship opens doors. See them as they are, people just like you and me trying to find their way into the kingdom (and yes, I believe in eternal salvation, just using a literary phrase.)

Dan 12:3 And they that be wise shall shine as the brightness of the firmament; and they that turn many to righteousness as the stars for ever and ever.

Good post. :thumb:

• 5 months later...
  • Members

I had some Mormon kids come to my door the other day. I gave them water and spoke with them for a little while. I have been lukewarm at best so im in position to battle. I do wish that fundalmental Baptist were as committed as they are to be fishers of men. I know that they are wrong in their interprtations, this is evident when you talk to them but they are spreading the word. Should we as Christians be mean to them or try to show them where they are wrong?

• Members

I always try to run them over with my SUV when I see them on their little bikes. :icon_mrgreen:

Just kidding.

They are dedicated, and more Christians need to be out soul winning and knocking doors like the Mormons do. The only people who’ve knocked on my door are JWs, Mormons, and other people from my church who didn't know I lived there.

Aggressive New Testament soul wining is dead in modern day Christianity for the most part.