• Welcome to Online Baptist

Free to join.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kayla

John81

Very nice indeed. I know it's been a long time since someone posted on this thread but...

*bump* Can't let John's thread die.................................................................

I just finished reading a book on Billy Sunday, written while he was still alive. A VERY good book :thumb

It's amazing to see all this one man accomplished by going forth boldly preaching the Word of God. Scores of politicians were won to Christ and being truly converted to Christ they began to govern accordingly. Scores of towns across the land banned alcohol as a result of this.

In other places Sunday's preaching won so many drunkards to the Lord that saloons were forced to close for lack of anyone coming in to buy their booze!

What an amazing impact this man had, and all of this without TV, radio, the internet or any such things. This man just went forth from town to town preaching the Word of God and directly confronting sin and calling sinners to repentance.

Guest Guest

I just finished reading a book on Billy Sunday, written while he was still alive. A VERY good book

John...Can I ask, how you have time to read anything? With this many posts (which I never realized, until I caught this thread) how do you get anything else done? Just curious. :puzzled:

BTW, my son just taught me how to highlight. He did it so quickly, though, so I have to practice. :frog

candlelight

Guest Guest
John does both at the same time don't you know?

He multi-tasks? I don't know many men that can do this! John, you are a genious. :clap:

candlelight

P.S. ~ Sorry guys...I couldn't resist. :lol

It's terrible the high cost of books in schools these days. In many cases these schools would be better off using older books rather than continually updating to newer, more expensive books.

The book I just finished reading was written in 1914, it's titled, "Billy Sunday: The Man and His Message" by William T. Ellis, LL.D.

Seems to me, from all the sermons I read of Billy Sunday's, and what little I've read about him, he believe what he preached, those listening to him could tell this, therefore Billy Sunday had great success, of course it seems he had the leading of the Holy Spirit.

Billy Sunday sermons

http://www.biblebelievers.com/billy_sunday/

Which brings us to the realization, if he can do it we can too. the fact that we haven't is our fault.

in other news, i just found this quiz to tell you what your theological worldview is. I don't know how sound it is, but i scored 100% fundamentalist so it might be good. if not someone please tell me.

http://quizfarm.com/test.php?q_id=43870

Seems to me, from all the sermons I read of Billy Sunday's, and what little I've read about him, he believe what he preached, those listening to him could tell this, therefore Billy Sunday had great success, of course it seems he had the leading of the Holy Spirit.

Billy Sunday sermons

http://www.biblebelievers.com/billy_sunday/

Yes, and those who came to Christ under his preaching were converts indeed! There was no questioning whether or not they were born again for their conversion was evidenced in the immediate change in their lives.

Which brings us to the realization, if he can do it we can too. the fact that we haven't is our fault.

in other news, i just found this quiz to tell you what your theological worldview is. I don't know how sound it is, but i scored 100% fundamentalist so it might be good. if not someone please tell me.

http://quizfarm.com/test.php?q_id=43870

I scored as 100% Fundamentalist :Green

Sometimes I find it amusing when I know a poster is being sarcastic because I've come to know them through their postings but another doesn't see the sarcasm and makes a wild post because of that. :smile