• Welcome to Online Baptist

Free to join.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kayla

John81

If we genetically modify this tomato, it will not die of salt poisoning?!?!?!?!

Basically the gist of the info for one of the science minisections.

I attended a meeting tonight and they passed out a with 25 statements and we were supposed to choose from among three possibilities what those statements were actually saying. Most of them could have been at least two or three different ones.

Of course, after we answered and were discussing them the leader began giving specific definitions to our choices that greatly limited them. After much going around on this I finally told the group to just settle down and forget what the dictionary says because we are obviously only allowed to use the leaders definition. :Green

Yes, it was very crazy. The group leader couldn't figure out why so many of our answers differed from his until I explained to him that he never told us before we answered that we had to use his limited definitions rather than the actual definitions.

We had a lot of fun joking around with it, but really it was mostly a waste of time.

I've had a few of those lately. You know situations where as a kid you were told to tell an adult? There have been a few recently, and I thought, I'm almost an adult... I could almost tell myself. :eek Sobering thoughts.