• Welcome to Online Baptist

Free to join.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kayla

John81

I know I'm showing my age now, but when I was in grade school (public school) we still had Christmas parties. Every child was to bring an inexpensive gift; boys were to bring a boy's gift and girls were to bring a gift for a girl. Invariably, some child's mother always thought it would be a good idea for the gift to be something practical instead of some toy a child would really want. Therefore her precious one would bring a pair of socks. Needless to say, no one else wanted to receive that gift and two people went home disappointed - the one who received the socks after giving a toy and the one who brought the socks because no one wanted their gift.

I know I'm showing my age now' date=' but when I was in grade school (public school) we still had Christmas parties. Every child was to bring an inexpensive gift; boys were to bring a boy's gift and girls were to bring a gift for a girl. Invariably, some child's mother always thought it would be a good idea for the gift to be something practical instead of some toy a child would really want. Therefore her precious one would bring a pair of socks. Needless to say, no one else wanted to receive that gift and two people went home disappointed - the one who received the socks after giving a toy and the one who brought the socks because no one wanted their gift.[/quote']

I remember such. There was one kid in our class that no matter what he got, he ALWAYS complained. One year he got a really cool helicopter toy and most of us boys were thinking how much we wish we had got that and he just sat there looking at it complaining.