Online Baptist

John81

Kayla

• Independent Fundamental Baptist
So... does sitting in front of the computer keep a guy thin' date=' eh?? Maybe that's what's wrong with me............. :Bleh[/quote']

It will whne he post so much that he has not time to eat. :-S
  • Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Advanced Member

Oh yea, I need not look any farther than John to know what the highest 'rank' is when it comes to the amount of posts that one has made on OB (do you reckon that we might be able to have a few more??)

Oh yea' date=' I need not look any farther than John to know what the highest 'rank' is when it comes to the amount of posts that one has made on OB (do you reckon that we might be able to have a few more??)[/quote']

A few more John's are a few more ranks?
  • Advanced Member

Actually, if you put it that way, Ashlee ( :frog ), stances are something that I found to be much harder. Less taxing on joints, but more taxing on 'ur brain! It is because you are not moving much, so it is really boring.

Makes me wonder.

I see people who are in excellent physical condition die young, I see some in very poor physical conditions die young.

I see some in great physical condition live many years, I see some in sad physical condition die old.

I see some who worship our God die young, I see some who do not worship our God die young.

I see some who worship our God die old, I see some who never acknowledge God die old.

God tells us it rains on both the just and the unjust.

To me the secret to years is in our God, not nothing we really do our self, He and only He holds both life and death in His hands, it is He who is in control.

I remember to God controlled the number of days that Moses lived, so I put my body, my soul, my life in His hands and I know when that time comes he will take care of me just as He has promised, whether its sooner of whether its later. Makes me think of a song.

Careless soul, why will you linger,
Wandering from the fold of God?
Hear you not the invitation?
O prepare to meet thy God.

Careless soul, O heed the warning,
For your life will soon be gone,
O how sad to face the judgment,
Unprepared to meet thy God.

Why so tho't-less are you standing,
While the fleeting years go by,
And your life is spent in folly?
O prepare to meet thy God.

Hear you not the earnest pleadings,
Of your friends that wish thou well?
And perhaps before tomorrow,
You'll be called to meet thy God.

If you spurn the invitation,
Till the spirit shall depart
Them you'll see your sad condition,

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I just finished reading a book on Billy Sunday, written while he was still alive. A VERY good book :thumb

It's amazing to see all this one man accomplished by going forth boldly preaching the Word of God. Scores of politicians were won to Christ and being truly converted to Christ they began to govern accordingly. Scores of towns across the land banned alcohol as a result of this.

In other places Sunday's preaching won so many drunkards to the Lord that saloons were forced to close for lack of anyone coming in to buy their booze!

What an amazing impact this man had, and all of this without TV, radio, the internet or any such things. This man just went forth from town to town preaching the Word of God and directly confronting sin and calling sinners to repentance.

Guest Guest

I just finished reading a book on Billy Sunday, written while he was still alive. A VERY good book

John...Can I ask, how you have time to read anything? With this many posts (which I never realized, until I caught this thread) how do you get anything else done? Just curious. :puzzled:

BTW, my son just taught me how to highlight. He did it so quickly, though, so I have to practice. :frog

candlelight

Guest Guest
John does both at the same time don't you know?

He multi-tasks? I don't know many men that can do this! John, you are a genious. :clap:

candlelight

P.S. ~ Sorry guys...I couldn't resist. :lol

It's terrible the high cost of books in schools these days. In many cases these schools would be better off using older books rather than continually updating to newer, more expensive books.

The book I just finished reading was written in 1914, it's titled, "Billy Sunday: The Man and His Message" by William T. Ellis, LL.D.

Seems to me, from all the sermons I read of Billy Sunday's, and what little I've read about him, he believe what he preached, those listening to him could tell this, therefore Billy Sunday had great success, of course it seems he had the leading of the Holy Spirit.

Billy Sunday sermons

http://www.biblebelievers.com/billy_sunday/

• Advanced Member

Which brings us to the realization, if he can do it we can too. the fact that we haven't is our fault.

in other news, i just found this quiz to tell you what your theological worldview is. I don't know how sound it is, but i scored 100% fundamentalist so it might be good. if not someone please tell me.

http://quizfarm.com/test.php?q_id=43870

Archived