• Welcome to Online Baptist

Free to join.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kayla

John81

[quote]What amazes me is, many of these foreign people ate what they did because they did not have access to proper foods as many of us in America has had, but now it seems many in America have gone nuts over what they ate out of necessity, it was necessary because it was all they had.

I suppose to, some would want others to respect people who ate other humans just because they thought it was a OK and or it was all they had to eat. To many people now days want everyone to respect that which is wrong, a sign of the times I suppose.[/quote]
It doesn't have anything to do with not having access to "proper" foods. What we consider proper or improper foods is completely cultural. Most Americans don't like snails but the French do. Many Americans don't like Squid but Koreans love it. Americans see eating a dog as disgusting, the Chinese don't. None of these things are wrong. Eating a human is wrong and could easily be shown to be wrong in Scripture.

Also, respecting that some cultures like to eat something we don't is a sign of the times? :bonK: :lol:

I'm always nice! Kevin's my bud' date=' he knows my warped sense of humor. :tum[/quote']
lol, it's all good, John. :thumb I just love other cultures and have a lot of respect for the different ways people do things in different parts of the world. :lol

I know that Kevin. You're rather Asia, or more specifically, Korean-centric on some issues. :lol:

In honour of you Kevin, the last few times I played Age of Empries Two, the Expansion, I played as the Koreans...and the Koreans won! :thumb

i need sleep

Again! Already?

Made me thing of an old Gunsmoke series I saw on TV several years back.

They had this old-timer in Doc's office, he had been robbed and beaten us.

Doc, Mr. Dillon, and Fetus was present.

The man comes out of it and Doc determines that he will be alright, them says, "You look like you could use something to eat, I'll get fetus to go get you some food."

The old-timer replies, "Doc, let see now, I just ate something day before yesterday right before noon, so reckon I don't need to eat yet, no need to go to any trouble for me." :uuhm:

I was just thinking about you yesterday and wondering where you'd gone! Haven't seen you around here much lately. Maybe I've just missed your posts though.

Thanks Katie! I've just been busy. It doesn't help, though, that when I do come back on here people start clamouring for my pet cat to be eaten by a Korean woman. :puzzled: :wink

Thanks Katie! I've just been busy. It doesn't help, though, that when I do come back on here people start clamouring for my pet cat to be eaten by a Korean woman. :puzzled: :wink

I know...poor kitties!!! :Green I love cats - but alive rather than cooked!!!

Ha! Don't let anybody touch your kitty now.