Online Baptist

John81

Kayla

• Independent Fundamental Baptist

[quote="Jerry80871852"][quote="John81"]What makes you think I would want to hunt pidgeons with rocks?[/quote]

Be cheaper than bullets, might be good eating, never tried a pigeon.

Ashlee, who taught you how to throw rocks so good?

I've got a niece named Ashley, but your an Ashlee. She nearly lived with us until boys caught her eyes. I might add, her older brother Kelly, he nearly lived with us until girls caught his eyes.[/quote]

Quail is some right fine eatin' but I don't know about pidgeon.

One things for sure, a girl that can chuck rocks well is a girl to beware of!

Oh, and I have a niece named Ashley too!

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, I've checked them out and they do look like fun. For the time being we'll just have to live with our old PS2. Not much excercise with them though...well, except the way my wife plays! :lol: She tends to move around alot with the charactors as if that will help in the game. :tum

My niece, Ashley :Green , and her younger sister both really like the Sims. I've played it a bit on their computer.

Most of the time either my youngest son or my wife has the PS2 so if I feel like playing something I put Age of Empires II, the Conquerors Expansion in my computer.

• Lady Administrators

Neither were we. Our son was allowed one when he got into some higher math - 'cause you can't figure some things out otherwise!

Speaking of homework - our son just got his acceptance letter for the college he needs to attend while he's doing ROTC. He starts in December on his road to becoming an officer...

Cool! Very good for your son. I know you are one proud mom!

These days the schools have them using calculators very early on. I've read several reports stating that memorizing the times tables and such isn't healthy for kids and there is no reason to do so since everyone has calculators. Several reports say it doesn't matter if a child learns how to do math without calculators or not! :eek

No wonder so many of the young cashiers at the stores can't count change and have to look at the monitor a half dozen times before they finally figure out your change due. :roll

• Advanced Member

We are allowed to use calculators in some areas of math. When we get into math that requires calculators or three hours per problem we can use one. When it is a relatively simple math application we are not supposed to use them.

Archived