• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

John81

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members
Kansas is truly one of the ugliest states I have ever driven through...no offense Ashlee

none taken, it so happens i agree. although we do have some very pretty sunsets in western kansas. and to us, some of the views are breathtakingly gorgeous. only to those who have never left and seen the ocean, mount rushmore, the grand canyon, etc.

• Members

none taken, it so happens i agree. although we do have some very pretty sunsets in western kansas. and to us, some of the views are breathtakingly gorgeous. only to those who have never left and seen the ocean, mount rushmore, the grand canyon, etc.

Is eastern Kansas prettier than western Kansas.

• Members

depends on where you are. if you are on one of the higher hills anywhere in rural kansas you can see for miles with no smog in the way. it is so very peaceful and awe inspiring. you can look upon miles and miles of beautiful and bountiful land that God has given.

• Members

In 92, on a motorcycle trip back from Montana, we came thru Kansas, only time I have ever been in you state. we came down from Fairbury, Nebraska, entered Kansas on highway 77, made out way towards Topeka and Kansas City to highway 69 south towards Joplin where we spent the night. I recall stopping at a Truck Stop just outside of Kansas City, I had biscuits and gray along with scramble eggs, but those people sure did not know how to make gravy, it tasted like paste, not like gravy . Made me wonder about those people at Kansas City calling paste gravy. No amount of salt and pepper would help that gravy.

We were about wore out from our trip when we hit Kansas, we were gone 16 days I believe, left here in Southwest Arkansas and had been within 18 miles of Canada, was going to make a loop thru Canada, but Linda got a bit sick that night and we thought we ought to get closer to home instead of father away. Some days we traveled over 500 hundred miles, quite a trek for us. The least we traveled in one day was a bit over 100 hundred miles, but the day before we had gotten started at about 9:00 AM in Montana and finally got a motel the next morning at about 3:00 AM in Nebraska. don't remember the exact miles, but it was somewhere in the range of 1400 to 1600 hundred mile trip for us.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...