• Welcome to Online Baptist

Free to join.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kayla

John81

[quote="John81"]Shopping: Go to store, go to where what you need is and get it, check out, leave. :Green[/quote]

:amen:

:tum

True, if you go around looking at everything in the store, you will have much more in your buggy than you actually need. Want shopping stir up the lust of the flesh? Give place for temptation.

I refuse to say I'm smarter than my wife or any of you women, but I will say that I make better decisions when buying stuff and those impulse items I see in stores want make me feel that I can't live without them.

I use to have a Country Store, I had the area around the cash register covered up with those impulse items, watches, necklaces, ear, rings, and all kinds of junk, it really amazed me at how many people just could not resist buying them. It tickled me to death, for the mark up on those items were anywhere from + 70%, some + 100%, but yet they were quite a bit cheaper in my store than they were in convenient stores located around town 5 miles east of me.

It is awesome, but sad at the same time. It is good we got a 1 :lol , but that was the last festival. :badday:

The sad part of graduating is the end of an era. i'm sad i understand what you guy's all mean. and it's not even the end of the year yet! second semester is going to be full of tears.

not me. I was one of those students who actually had learned what they were supposed to, but was stuck in a class with students who were clueless, and so I got ignored. My teachers actually apologized to my mom, they just said I didn't need help and did what I was supposed to. So my elementary years were spent sitting in a class learning the same thing for a month. boring

I am glad I have the chance to go to public school, even as I dislike it. Public school for me HAS been a chance to learn, and most of my teachers, while not religious, weren't extreme liberals intent on changing the ideas of America's youth.

I went to private school for 9 years then went to public high school. At that time the late 80's it seemed the teachers weren't just marxist bent on indoctrinating the students. I had retired marine teachers and some pretty conservative teachers who would say and teach whatever they wanted. Even in science class I don't remember hearing much evolution talk...oh did I mention John 81. :lol

I did have a science teacher who has a degree in "paleo-biology". Anything over 600,000 thousand years and he knows all about it!

What a waste of time. But he didn't try to tell us evolution was right, mostly because it was a chemistry class.

I would hate to be in school now days, it is nothing like it was in the 50's & 60's.

Oh how nice and great it would be if every parent that wanted to could send their children to a good Christian school.

And a good Christian college too!

Besides the 1st 5 years of school for me were terrible because of happenings between my birth and starting school just after I turned 5. From the 6th to 12th were not near as bad, but still not great.

Looking back I think my favorite times was when I went in the air force, they really seem to have more meaning than my school days did.

Seems like I remember a school book that had the picture of the evolving man in it coming from a ape.