• Welcome to Online Baptist

Free to join.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kayla

John81

Kansas is truly one of the ugliest states I have ever driven through...no offense Ashlee

none taken, it so happens i agree. although we do have some very pretty sunsets in western kansas. and to us, some of the views are breathtakingly gorgeous. only to those who have never left and seen the ocean, mount rushmore, the grand canyon, etc.

none taken, it so happens i agree. although we do have some very pretty sunsets in western kansas. and to us, some of the views are breathtakingly gorgeous. only to those who have never left and seen the ocean, mount rushmore, the grand canyon, etc.

Is eastern Kansas prettier than western Kansas.

depends on where you are. if you are on one of the higher hills anywhere in rural kansas you can see for miles with no smog in the way. it is so very peaceful and awe inspiring. you can look upon miles and miles of beautiful and bountiful land that God has given.

In 92, on a motorcycle trip back from Montana, we came thru Kansas, only time I have ever been in you state. we came down from Fairbury, Nebraska, entered Kansas on highway 77, made out way towards Topeka and Kansas City to highway 69 south towards Joplin where we spent the night. I recall stopping at a Truck Stop just outside of Kansas City, I had biscuits and gray along with scramble eggs, but those people sure did not know how to make gravy, it tasted like paste, not like gravy . Made me wonder about those people at Kansas City calling paste gravy. No amount of salt and pepper would help that gravy.

We were about wore out from our trip when we hit Kansas, we were gone 16 days I believe, left here in Southwest Arkansas and had been within 18 miles of Canada, was going to make a loop thru Canada, but Linda got a bit sick that night and we thought we ought to get closer to home instead of father away. Some days we traveled over 500 hundred miles, quite a trek for us. The least we traveled in one day was a bit over 100 hundred miles, but the day before we had gotten started at about 9:00 AM in Montana and finally got a motel the next morning at about 3:00 AM in Nebraska. don't remember the exact miles, but it was somewhere in the range of 1400 to 1600 hundred mile trip for us.

This really is weird...John practically lived here some days....

The IP details won't reveal where someone lives other than possibly the general area within a state or country.

I just received this email from John.

Bro. Matt,

Thank you for your prayers. On the day you were guided to pray I spent most of the day in doctors offices and in the hospital undergoing various tests, x-rays and CT scans. I was sent by ambulance to another hospital where they rushed me right into surgery due to a large kidney stone which had become lodged somewhere and had caused a massive infection. I spent all Friday and early Saturday fighting high fevers before the antibiotics kicked in and began to lessen the infection. Sunday, about noon, I was finally able to leave the hospital, very weak.

That's not even the worst of what happened in August nor even the end of that portion.

I'll post on OB about this when I can. I've been away from the computer for about a month and my inboxes are full and everything is outdated and wanting to download and update "right now", which is really taxing my system and making it hard to do much.

Thank you for your prayers and concern!

John