• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

John81

• Members

[quote="Ashlee"]but then it goes to the store, which is where i get it from. So it may originally come from the sea or ocean or other body of water, but it comes home from the store. :Bleh[/quote]

Now if, "So it may originally come from the sea or ocean or other body of water," it may not have come from one of these places, where would you figure it may have come from? :frog

I don't like store bough fish, it just is not fresh enough, all of that handling and in and out of coolers just does not do it justice.

Of course, store bought fish is cheaper, its much cheaper to buy it than go catch it, those fishing trips always seemed to cost me much money, and the fish I would bring home cost me many dollars per pound more than it woudl have cost in the store.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members
So let's change the subject. any ideas?

Being at the topic is John81 I suppose we could talk about him and all those post he has made on OB.

I changed my mind, I always reserve the right to change my mind. Lets keep talking about fish, being as fish was brought up. You ain't going to believe this.

Fish pedicures: Carp rid human feet of scaly skin

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/fish_pedicur ... ZBL41saMYA

Have you had your fish pedicure yet? :uuhm:

Guest Guest
What is expository preaching?

expository preaching is when a preacher takes a particular verse or passage and carefully preaches through it line by line. Often this is done verse by verse through a whole book of the bible. Topical preaching is when a preacher picks a topic and preaches on that, using various verses related to the topic at hand. Most IFB pastors will do some of each.

• Members

expository preaching is when a preacher takes a particular verse or passage and carefully preaches through it line by line. Often this is done verse by verse through a whole book of the bible. Topical preaching is when a preacher picks a topic and preaches on that, using various verses related to the topic at hand. Most IFB pastors will do some of each.

:thumb :goodpost:

Our pastor preaches verse-by-verse through one book at a time. We just finished with First Corinthians. This Sunday we begin James. :clap:

• Members

Thanks! I've seen both these things but didn't know they had names and definitions.

Guest Guest

My pastor does "Expository" preaching the most. He does do a "Topical" sermon every now and then, though. He prefers "Expository" preaching...and so do my hubby and me. :smile