• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

John81

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Members

I just finished reading a book on Billy Sunday, written while he was still alive. A VERY good book :thumb

It's amazing to see all this one man accomplished by going forth boldly preaching the Word of God. Scores of politicians were won to Christ and being truly converted to Christ they began to govern accordingly. Scores of towns across the land banned alcohol as a result of this.

In other places Sunday's preaching won so many drunkards to the Lord that saloons were forced to close for lack of anyone coming in to buy their booze!

What an amazing impact this man had, and all of this without TV, radio, the internet or any such things. This man just went forth from town to town preaching the Word of God and directly confronting sin and calling sinners to repentance.

Guest Guest

I just finished reading a book on Billy Sunday, written while he was still alive. A VERY good book

John...Can I ask, how you have time to read anything? With this many posts (which I never realized, until I caught this thread) how do you get anything else done? Just curious. :puzzled:

BTW, my son just taught me how to highlight. He did it so quickly, though, so I have to practice. :frog

candlelight

Guest Guest
John does both at the same time don't you know?

He multi-tasks? I don't know many men that can do this! John, you are a genious. :clap:

candlelight

P.S. ~ Sorry guys...I couldn't resist. :lol