• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

John81

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members
I would say that I'm a pretty flexible teacher. hehe
I have high expectations, though, and I'm somewhat strict. But I never "read from the book." :frog

Sounds good! :thumb

Seriously, that professor would get up to the podium, open the book to what we were supposed to have already read and just start reading. I suppose if she had been a more dramatic reader it wouldn't have been near as bad, but she read monotone for what seemed an eternity. Occasionaly she would pause to expound on something or answer a question but even then she typically would never say anything beyond what was in the reading or some handout she had used.

One of my favorite professors would go over the book the first day of class. He would tell us what we were going to study from the book and then he would tell us what we were not going to study from the book and why. He would often leave out several chapters and he would take the time to explain what the flaws were in those chapters and why it would be a waste of our time to bother covering them in class.

He was very practical and honest; and also the only rather conservative minded professor I had.

• 3 weeks later...