• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

John81

• Members

[quote="John81"]I suppose if you are hungry and there are a billion people to feed in the area it's no wonder some folks eat dogs, cats, rats, and various gross looking sea creatures...sometimes still alive :gross:[/quote]
This isn't something they've started doing in the last 50 years. It's just a part of their culture and we should all respect that. Just because one person likes red and another person likes blue doesn't mean that either one is better than the other. Just because we find eating a rat disgusting, doesn't mean that some people might find that it tastes good. Hindus would be offended by any of us who eat beef. It's just culture and not right or wrong. :smile

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

[quote="kevinmiller"][quote="John81"]I suppose if you are hungry and there are a billion people to feed in the area it's no wonder some folks eat dogs, cats, rats, and various gross looking sea creatures...sometimes still alive :gross:[/quote]
This isn't something they've started doing in the last 50 years. It's just a part of their culture and we should all respect that. Just because one person likes red and another person likes blue doesn't mean that either one is better than the other. Just because we find eating a rat disgusting, doesn't mean that some people might find that it tastes good. Hindus would be offended by any of us who eat beef. It's just culture and not right or wrong. :smile[/quote]

I have no problem with them eating what they wish to eat and I realize these are foods they have eaten for centuries. Of course, that doesn't mean I want to eat it and I don't expect anyone to give up their favorite foods for my favorite foods.

• Moderators

:amen: The only time when eating or refraining from eating certain things (except blood) would be wrong, would be in a case like that of the Hindus -- when they don't eat beef because the cows are holy to their false gods. Or is that they [i]are[/i] their false gods?!

• Administrators

[quote="salyan"]:amen: The only time when eating or refraining from eating certain things (except blood) would be wrong, would be in a case like that of the Hindus -- when they don't eat beef because the cows are holy to their false gods. Or is that they [i]are[/i] their false gods?![/quote]

Actually, Hindus believe that cows are dead relatives, reincarnated - and it is linked with their religious beliefs. Their reasons for not eating beef are still wrong, though. In their case it goes beyond cultural. Other than that, I completely agree with you, Kevin! What one group of people likes to eat doesn't make something else bad (but I have NO desire to eat rat, cat or dog!!!!! I have been assured that both dog and cat taste well, but I'm not a real meat fan anyway, and I like cats and dogs as pets, so there is no way I could knowingly eat one. Of course, if it were a matter of life or death, that would very likely change my mind!!! :Green

• Members

But, the thing is if the are going to eat such things they ought to show respect for us who don't eat such things

And I know for fact some of these type people who own eating joins in America put some of those such things in the food they serve in their eating joints, this should never have been done.

For instants, I know without a doubt, yes I know for fact, a Chinese eating joint in our town has served cat to their many customers, one of the reason they did so was cost, it saved them money by not having to buy more of the proper meat. I feel rather positive it has happened in other eating joints across America which is owned by these such people

And I have a sneaky feeling that eating such things by many of them come about by them not wanting to buy meat, but put free meat of their tables.

What amazes me is, many of these foreign people ate what they did because they did not have access to proper foods as many of us in America has had, but now it seems many in America have gone nuts over what they ate out of necessity, it was necessary because it was all they had.

I suppose to, some would want others to respect people who ate other humans just because they thought it was a OK and or it was all they had to eat. To many people now days want everyone to respect that which is wrong, a sign of the times I suppose.

• Members

That reminds me of a news report I saw a year or two ago. It might have been Chicago but I'm not certain, anyway there were reports that some local Asian restaurants were using dogs and cats for food. These charges were investigated and it turned out to be true. Several Asian restaurants were found to be using dog and cat meat and serving this to their customers without letting them know. They were fined and faced some charges but I don't recall the actual charges.

• Members
That reminds me of a news report I saw a year or two ago. It might have been Chicago but I'm not certain' date=' anyway there were reports that some local Asian restaurants were using dogs and cats for food. These charges were investigated and it turned out to be true. Several Asian restaurants were found to be using dog and cat meat and serving this to their customers without letting them know. They were fined and faced some charges but I don't recall the actual charges.[/quote']

Because that has happened so often, I would not eat in any such of a restaurant.

Doing that puts much more money in their pockets, plus it shows a complete lack of respect for the people who eat at their restaurant. I feel jail times is in order for such a crime and a very heavy fine, plus never let them open another restaurant.

With such a penalty others would think twice before doing this.