• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Stupid widescreens

• Members

Our monitor broke so we had to get widescreen (what is the deal with that? I don't see the glory in it) and now all my stuff is stretched out. How can I fix this? Its driving me insane and its only been five minutes. Help?

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I am no computer expert but if you go to settings and then go to display then click on the tab that says settings you should see a little screen with a little slide thingy, that says screen resolution. Put it to where you like it.

• Members

Thanks guys! I actually did figure out the screen resolution thing. I wasn't sure how the widescreen worked as far as websites vs the desktop, etc. But all is well now. I think I'll get used to it pretty quick, its actually nice on certain websites, like this forum, to see more space. Other sites its kinda weird having lots of extra blank spaces but hey.

Anyway its been a pet peeve of mine that everyone has widescreen this, widescreen that, HD this and that....I mean I think they made the switchover awfully fast. HD wasn't out THAT long before they decided to take regular stuff off the market. Wow.

• Members
My current computer has a wide screen. I simply stopped maximizing all windows.
Ha ha! I know how this one works--all your text is stretched across the screen so when you come to the end of a line you need to use your finger to help you find the beginning of the next :p

• Members

It does make for a better work environmment. I have my browser set to the with for a 1024 screen (You can use http://setmy.browsersize.com/ to get the right width) which leaves room on the side for the sidebar gadgets and the Yahoo Weather widget. When I start doing graphics, I use the full screen. So most of my work is done on windows set to 1024 and positioned to the left.

• Members
It does make for a better work environmment. I have my browser set to the with for a 1024 screen (You can use http://setmy.browsersize.com/ to get the right width) which leaves room on the side for the sidebar gadgets and the Yahoo Weather widget. When I start doing graphics' date=' I use the full screen. So most of my work is done on windows set to 1024 and positioned to the left.[/quote']

I think that's how mine is set....I am getting to where I do like it now. At first it looked awful all stretched out so I fixed it, but then my husband thought if I had black bars on the side of the desktop around my photo bkg that it was not using the fullscreen right...I tried to explain to him that just because you stretch things to fit doesn't mean its SUPPOSED to be that way. LOL. But now its set correctly and my husband found that the programs don't have black bars on the side :-) so all is cool.

• Members
I am no computer expert but if you go to settings and then go to display then click on the tab that says settings you should see a little screen with a little slide thingy' date=' that says screen resolution. Put it to where you like it.[/quote']

that was perfect tech assist! now why can't DELL hire some more people like you that can explain stuff where someone like me can understand it? :lol:

now i gotta click on the dingle flopper to make the watchamacallit work faster!