• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

parents with many children

Is it proper to have lots of children depending on the government helping to feed & clothe them?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Is it proper to have lots of children depending on the government helping to feed & clothe them?

• Yes
    • No
    • I don't know

• Members

I've got a question.

If children are from the Lord, the Lord opens and closes the womb, why are so many children born out of fornication and adultery affairs?

Why does God give such a wonderful gift to people who indulges in such horrible sins against Him?

The Lord causes the sun to shine and the rain to fall upon the wicked as well as the just. The Lord grants various blessings to all people according to His good pleasure and will.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

The Lord causes the sun to shine and the rain to fall upon the wicked as well as the just. The Lord grants various blessings to all people according to His good pleasure and will.

Isn't it really about obeying God, when we obey God a child is a real blessing, a blessed gift. Is a child really a blessing for those who do not obey God and have sex outside on marriage?

• Members

Isn't it really about obeying God, when we obey God a child is a real blessing, a blessed gift. Is a child really a blessing for those who do not obey God and have sex outside on marriage?

Such could serve as a blessing and a curse. Of course, there are godly parents who have children that refuse to accept Christ and instead embrace rebellion and are a curse to the family.

I can't understand the ways of God, but I trust that God knows best and in His infinite wisdom He knows exactly what He's doing when he makes a woman barren or grants another woman many children whether she be rich or poor, married or a tramp.

• Members
I can't understand the ways of God' date=' but I trust that God knows best and in His infinite wisdom He knows exactly what He's doing when he makes a woman barren or grants another woman many children whether she be rich or poor, married or a tramp.[/quote'] :amen:

• Administrators

I've got a question.

If children are from the Lord, the Lord opens and closes the womb, why are so many children born out of fornication and adultery affairs?

Why does God give such a wonderful gift to people who indulges in such horrible sins against Him?

God's law of reaping and sowing is in force even with this kind of thing. When people participate in the act which will produce children, children are produced. It's the natural way God has set up.

• Members

This seems to be an area where Baptist are in agreement with Catholics, in that we should not interfere with God's control of a woman's womb. My question is, if both groups believe this way, why do Catholics have so many more children than Baptists? Are they a little more faithful to this particualr belief and practice?

Guest Guest

Honestly I don't know of many Baptists that do believe this. Most in our church do, praise God, but not most of the rest of the Baptists I know. They try to explain away God's blessings.

• Members

MrsW: Yeah, I don't know of many baptists that believe this way either. In fact, this is the first place where I have heard baptists profess this belief. I always thought that it was something that only RC, EO and Anglicana practiced.

• Administrators

A good chunk of Baptists teach that a couple needs to wait until they are married for at least a year, or two or five. Seriously, I have heard 5 years wait being taught (not in my church!). The reason is that the man and woman need to get to know each other well before the kids come. My hubby and I knew each other very well by the time Josh arrived the month after our first anniversary. :Green

• Members

HC: I would hope that the couple know each other fairly well before they get married. However, if the couple is having a normal (if there is such a thing) physical relationship, then I don't see how they (or at least most) can help having several children. I mean, in reality, there is at least a slim chance of pregnancy with every act of physical intimacy (unless the wife is already pregnant). And other than natural timing methods (which in my experience is not a very accurate method), how does a couple chose to "wait" before having a child?

• Administrators
HC: I would hope that the couple know each other fairly well before they get married. However' date=' if the couple is having a normal (if there is such a thing) physical relationship, then I don't see how they (or at least most) can help having several children. I mean, in reality, there is at least a slim chance of pregnancy with every act of physical intimacy (unless the wife is already pregnant). And other than natural timing methods (which in my experience is not a very accurate method), how does a couple chose to "wait" before having a child?[/quote']

They would use artificial means...which is just what we've been discussing. And I don't agree with it - I was just answering about what a chunk of Baptists practice.

Guest Guest
HC: I would hope that the couple know each other fairly well before they get married. However' date=' if the couple is having a normal (if there is such a thing) physical relationship, then I don't see how they (or at least most) can help having several children. I mean, in reality, there is at least a slim chance of pregnancy with every act of physical intimacy (unless the wife is already pregnant). And other than natural timing methods (which in my experience is not a very accurate method), how does a couple chose to "wait" before having a child?[/quote']

Umm dude...a woman can only get pregnant once a month...so no there is not a chance of pregnancy every time a woman is intimate with a man.

• Members
Umm dude...a woman can only get pregnant once a month...so no there is not a chance of pregnancy every time a woman is intimate with a man.

I mean' date=' in reality, there is at least a slim chance of pregnancy with every act of physical intimacy ([b']unless the wife is already pregnant).

I understand that only one pregnancy may result every month (or every nine months in the even that it actually results), but that doesn't mean that there can't be multiple opprotunities (i.e., chances for pregnancy) for that result to occur.

• Members

Let's say, hypothetically, that a woman is intimate with her husband twice a day for the twenty-one days of the month for which she is not menstrating. Are you saying that only one of those forty-two acts of intimacy may result in a pregnancy and that there is absolutely no chance of the other acts resulting in a pregnancy (assuming that none of the previous acts has resulted in a pregnancy)? I'm no doctor, but this assertion seems to suggest that there is a very rare chance of getting pregnant. Almost so rare that the size of the human population would be unexplainable.