• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

parents with many children

Is it proper to have lots of children depending on the government helping to feed & clothe them?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Is it proper to have lots of children depending on the government helping to feed & clothe them?

• Yes
    • No
    • I don't know

Guest Guest

Lol maybe you should study the female reproductive system on your own. There is only one, possibly two days per month that a woman is fertile. You can get the information for free on the internet. I'm a woman on my second pregnancy, trust me I know how my body works. If a woman is not "fertile" at the time, it doesn't matter how she is intimate or how long or how many times, a pregnancy cannot and will not occur.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

An ovum only lives around 12 hours. The maximum is 24 hours but the average is 12 hours. However, sperm can live up to 5 days. So hypothetically speaking, assuming nothing is physically wrong, a woman can get pregnant from intercourse that happened up to 5 days before ovulation. So, there is a 5 day period when it is most likely. Of course you have to know when the woman is ovulating and all that. No two women are exactly alike.

If a couple has intercourse every day for 21 days and nothing is physically wrong, the chances of getting pregnant are very high.

• Members
Lol maybe you should study the female reproductive system on your own. There is only one' date=' possibly two days per month that a woman is fertile. You can get the information for free on the internet. I'm a woman on my second pregnancy, trust me I know how my body works. If a woman is not "fertile" at the time, it doesn't matter how she is intimate or how long or how many times, a pregnancy cannot and will not occur.[/quote']

I'm glad you get a laugh out of trying to make someone understand your point. I think you would be better served by actually understanding my statements rather than getting a laugh out of them though. I understand a woman is not fertile every day and that she may only become pregnant during the time that she is fertile. I have never said anything contrary to that. What you said, or at least what you conveyed, is that only one act of intimacy may result in pregnancy. Which is not true. Each act of intimacy that occurs while a woman is fertile has a chance of resulting in pregnancy. So in fact, several (an uncalculateable amount) acts of intimacy may result in a pregnancy (assuming the previous acts did not), and the more physically active a couple is, the more chances there are.

Guest Guest

I did understand you. You said a woman could get pregnant many times in a month. She can only get pregnant once, however many times they might have intercourse...only one of the acts leads to pregnancy, and everything has to be "right".

• Members

My goodness, I can't believe this conversation is still going on. I feel like I'm playing cards with my brother's kids or something. I can't get a crayon to appear on the screen, but I'll try one more time to clarify for you.

I did understand you. You said a woman could get pregnant many times in a month.

This is not true. I said that several acts of intimacy may result in a pregnancy. That is not the same as saying that a woman can get pregnant multiple times a month and I frankly cannot see how you thought it could mean that. Let's use an example this time for further simplification: Woman has intercourse on day one of fertility, yet does not get pregnant. Later that day, she intercourse again and does not get pregnant. The next day she has intercourse in the morning, then again at noon. Neither of these acts result in pregnancy. Then, in the mid afternoon, she has intercourse again. This time is the charm and she is now pregnant (and seriously exhausted). Now, our little example does not say that a woman can get pregnant more than once a month, but, it does say that several acts of intimacy have the possibility of resulting in a pregnancy. And it doesn't even matter how long a woman is fertile. She could be intimate a countless number of times during her fertility cycle and not become pregnant as a result of any of them.

• Members

Old time Baptists used to be firm and consistent in their preaching that birth control was sin and that God alone should determine the number of children a couple has. However, as with every other group of Christians, liberalism, feminism, secular humanism and such have crept in and many contemporary Baptists now preach differently.

Churches that once stood firm against birth control today promote such.

Churches that once stood firm against wordly rock 'n roll now accept the "old" rock 'n roll as being acceptable (the very rock 'n roll their church particularly stood against) and some even accept much more.

Churches that once stood against female preachers now have them.

Churches that once stood against the sin of homosexuality now embrace such as acceptable.

• Members

If it is a sin to NOT use birth control when you're poor, then there were a whole lot of sinners before birth control was invented. (Well, obviously all have sinned) Would God really give a command (to care for your own) without also providing the proper "prevention medicines" if you feel you are unable to care for your own properly at the time? Birth control is a modern invention isn't it?

• Members

I just don't ever remember birth control being spoke about in church. Which in times past stuff like that was not discussed in mixed company.

Seems now days we talk about to much, I wish we were all still modest in our conversations as we once were, them perhaps this sexual revolution would not be taking place in our world.

• Members

At one time such things didn't need much discussion. It was generally accepted that God controlled the womb. Then, in the 60s, with the introduction of the birth control pill (along with "women's liberation" and "free sex) such topics needed addressing. Pastors across America spoke out against these things.

Sadly, in the same churches where pastors once preached against this stuff, today it's either promoted or tolerated.

• Members

I was a child in the 60s so I didn't hear that preached back then but I've read many sermons from that time period.

Actually, until I heard of such on this board I had never known of a Baptist who believed birth control was acceptable. Birth control is contrary to the Bible and I've never heard any Baptist, other than here, say they thought otherwise.

• 7 months later...
This is where it gets tricky...I believe that God controls the womb and that we are to leave it up to HIM to decide how many children we have. We should not try to prevent having children because we think we "can't afford" them. However, I also believe that a family that is truly trusting God will have all their NEEDS not wants provided for them and their children by GOD. God gives you the children, and God will take care of them.

By the way, Christian families who send their children to public school are "relying on the government" to raise their kids also, so it is not always just a financial thing.

:goodpost::amen:

• Members
I was a child in the 60s so I didn't hear that preached back then but I've read many sermons from that time period.

Actually, until I heard of such on this board I had never known of a Baptist who believed birth control was acceptable. Birth control is contrary to the Bible and I've never heard any Baptist, other than here, say they thought otherwise.

I know this is an old thread and people may not want to talk about this stuff again (and if so, that's fine), but seeing as it was already resurrected by pixiedust:

When you or someone says that preventing pregnancy is against the Bible, what is that based on?

• Members

Scripture tells married folks to be fruitful and multiply. In the New Testament when Paul is discussing widows he tells the younger widows to remarry and have children. God clearly tells us that children are a blessing from the Lord; why would anyone want to attempt to prevent God from blessing them? Scripture says many children are a blessing.

The Bible tells us part of God's design is for a man and woman to marry and have children. Time and again Scripture points out that it's God Himself who opens and closes the womb. For us to take such control upon ourselves is to be acting in rebellion against God.