• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Did Faith Come Easily For You?

• Members

I was discussing this with a friend and thought it would make an interesting topic since everybody is different.

Think about the differences between the woman at the well and Nicodemus. The woman who had never even met Jesus before believed immediately and easily and went to tell others about Him. Nicodemus was more cautious, maybe needing some intellectual answers. Jesus kindly and graciously (He didn't upbraid him for coming to Him at night for secrecy) answered Nicodemus' questions and taught him about salvation.

Anyway, the question is: did faith come easily for you? Tell us about it. :smile

• Members

...not at all easy for me.

I was saved at the age of 12 and by that time I had developed the thinking to believe only what I could see and determine mathematically and scientifically. I think this is one of the reasons why I had so much difficulty with assurance of salvation. :sad It wasn't until many years later that I realized that it (salvation) isn't about what we do or can figure out, it is all about doing what the Bible says to do (repent, confess and believe), and let God be God. :clap::clap: :clap:

• Members

Saving faith came rather easy for me..I was about 9 years old. Since then, Satan has tried to steal my assurance of salvation, but I found a steady peace when I realized that salvation was in nothing I had done, but was all of Christ.

Satan tries to tell lost people (and saved people too) that God isn't true. He wants us to think that Who we serve isn't real and that He doesn't care about us. As saved people, living in close fellowship to the Lord is the way to fight the lies of Satan.

My brother had a little harder time coming to the Lord. He was trying to figure everything out. He finally just gave up trying to figure it all out (basically because it can't really be done that way) and just came to the Lord. Just decided to give it all up and trust Him. :) That's what salvation is all about....trusting Jesus. We see the man in the Bible who cried out: 'Lord, I believe, help thou mine unbelief!" He knew there was doubt in his heart, but he knew that Jesus could help him. He put WHAT FAITH HE HAD in the RIGHT PERSON, and that's what matters...in WHOM you put your faith.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Faith came easily for me, and I honestly think the Lord smiled on my heart to protect me. I didn't grow up in a Christian home, never was taken to Church, God and Jesus were never mentioned in our house, but yet I do not ever remember a time that I didn't believe in the Lord and Jesus. When I was 8 I started going to Church with a friend, on my own. I sometime joke saying I came out of the womb a believer.

Guest Guest

Faith was certainly a "growing" process for me. I didn't realize how simple it acually was--I thought that I had to know everything about everything in the Bible. Boy, was I wrong! When I recognized that Jesus is God...faith "clicked" in. I had a problem with feeling that I was not good enough for Jesus...haha. My heart was in the right place. It wasn't until my head matched up with my heart that...I said, that is all that is required of my soul? I will never forget the day of my salvation...May 9th 2003 (Mother's Day Weekend.) It was like a bolt of lightening with a calming effect afterwards. :wow: After saving faith...I immediately started the process of living faith. I questioned my salvation 2 times since (very early on)...and The Lord brought me through those times stronger. I believe those times of doubt happened to strengthen me. I never realized how easy salvation actually was. God has loved me in spite of myself...and for that I am ETERNALLY blessed and forever sealed in the precious Blood of the Lamb. :amen: God bless!!! :bible:

candlelight

• Members

It was pretty easy for me. I grew up attending Methodist Sunday school but never heard about the need to be born again. When I was 18 a girl I took on a date brought up the subject, I went with her to her Assembly of God church for night services and they were showing the Thief in the Night trilogy. I already believed in God and when I learned one must be born again and I first learned of the Rapture and End Times (never heard about those in Methodist Sunday school), I was quick to put my faith in Christ for salvation.

• Members

I started going to church very early in life. I always went to VBS each year (usually 2 different churches). It was at VBS I initially "thought" I was saved, but realized when I was 13 that I had not truly accepted Christ & repented. There was such a change in my life! I think when you're brought up in church, it does come more easily. There is a reason that Jesus said in Matthew 18:3 "except ye be converted & become as little children, ye shall not enter the kingdom of heaven." The older an adult gets, the more difficult this is.....I have seen this in several cases. In each case, the person tried to reason it all out? This became their stumbling block. In one case, I know a lady who has resisted Christ's free gift.....she is elderly... Please pray for her.