• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Opera

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members
I tried it' date=' but I like Firefox best.[/quote']Will second that, Jerry... it is a little slow these days, but I'll be completely lost without the features of a 'normal' browser :lol :Green :frog Not looking to change anytime in the near future :smile

• Members

I'm another web developer, and Opera actually supports more new HTML, DOM, and Javascript features than any other browser so those websites that "don't work" in Opera are not Opera's fault at all. A lot of them just check to see if you're running IE or Netscape and refuse all else even if they are capable or just use obsolete non-standard code. And all benchmarks say that Opera is the fastest at rendering. Loading speed varies based on your connection speed (and/or content negotiation where servers are coded to send the wrong stuff to some browsers for no good reason) which is always variable, so it may seem that Opera is faster at one time and another browser is faster at another time. That said, Opera 9.2x and the latest Adobe Flash don't work on Linux at the moment, and it's Adobe's fault, and on my nerves, and this is a weird run-on sentence.