• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Biking

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Guest
Yes' date=' the Lord has been good to me. I am glad he saved me also. I plan on a good bike trip this summer sometime maybe biking across the state at one point on the Katy Trail.[/quote']

The Lord has been great to me...as well! :clap: I am not thinking about biking across the state for myself, though. :loll: I need to take those "baby steps" again. I will start small. God bless you!

candlelight

• Members
I start out with 4 miles a day when I started back in after my accident. Now I usually do 10 or 12.

That sounds great! You are really making me miss my biking days.

I miss my jogging days too.

At least I have my weights at home so I can still lift and I do have an air dyne style excercise bike and my wife has a crosstrainer Gazelle.

• Members
Well I am still trying to find a friend to go with...but if not I know a group that goes every summer.

That sounds great. I would have loved something like that but back then the idea of biking across the State or anywhere long distance was looked at as nuts.

• Members

I haven't been here for a while - just busy - but I have been riding to work for economic reasons.
We have the happy situation of the train being about 3kms away from home, and my end station being about 3kms from work.
In the mornings I ride to the station and then to work - here it is no extra charge to take a bike on the train as long as you are not in peak times.
On the way home I ride a few stations away and then pick up the train, with the idea that I will extend my home ride until I can go all the way. There is a bike path which follows the freeway and train line all the way.
Right now I ride about 11km and then the 3 home from the station - all up it is about 20km per day (about 16 miles)
Right now I ride an old cheap Mountain bike with knobby off road tires - whcih is a bit of a chore as it is low quality and slow and hard work - but still enjoyable.

But I have just put some money down on a road bike. I posted a thread about it in the lounge.
Probably should have put it here though. :ooops

The saving is substantial - car was costing me about $70 week in fuel alone, train is costing me $40.
And that will get less as I ride further. :cooldude:

• Members
I haven't been here for a while - just busy - but I have been riding to work for economic reasons.
We have the happy situation of the train being about 3kms away from home, and my end station being about 3kms from work.
In the mornings I ride to the station and then to work - here it is no extra charge to take a bike on the train as long as you are not in peak times.
On the way home I ride a few stations away and then pick up the train, with the idea that I will extend my home ride until I can go all the way. There is a bike path which follows the freeway and train line all the way.
Right now I ride about 11km and then the 3 home from the station - all up it is about 20km per day (about 16 miles)
Right now I ride an old cheap Mountain bike with knobby off road tires - whcih is a bit of a chore as it is low quality and slow and hard work - but still enjoyable.

But I have just put some money down on a road bike. I posted a thread about it in the lounge.
Probably should have put it here though. :ooops

The saving is substantial - car was costing me about $70 week in fuel alone, train is costing me $40.
And that will get less as I ride further. :cooldude:

That's great! Nothing like saving lots of money while getting some good excercise and having fun at the same time. :thumb

• 1 month later...