• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Prayers requested for....

• Members

June 2, 2023 

This morning my sister called me to inform me that a family friend (and distant relative of my wife) had tried to murder his girlfriend, shooting her in the abdomen, and then committed suicide. He used to work with my brother-in-law Al in the Augusta/Richmond County, GA sheriff's office.  He owned the funeral home that handled my wife's grandparents, parents, my father's, and several other family members' funerals. His father was the Columbia County, GA coroner for 34 years and was the coroner who handled my grandfather's death when he passed away in 1993. We've known this family for years (and as stated, my wife is a distant relative). My brother-in-law was told this morning of the events of last night. We're really shocked. We knew Tommy had some issues, but we didn't know what kind of issues. Now all of us wonder what we should have known. What could have made him go off his rocker and do something like this? All we know is that there was a fight that broke out at the home that he shared with his girlfriend. 

I don't know if Tommy was saved or not. I do know that for many years he attended a local Baptist church in Augusta. I don't know if he was involved there or not. We do know that for a long time, he had a strong testimony for the Lord, but, then something happened. It's been over 25 years since I saw him last. 

Please pray for his surviving family. The girlfriend, from what we've been told, is doing well in recovery. She was not fatally injured. Please pray for those of us left behind and the questions that we all have now. Could we have helped in any way? I don't know. I guess we will never know. 

Thank you.

BT