• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Acapella, four part harmony, by one man

• Administrators

Although I love all the hymns this man does, I especially like this one.

Till the storm passes by

If you have a musically inclined ear you can pick out the bass, which he does majestically. In trying to concentrate on his bass, it helps to watch his face. The bass is on the far left.

Or, how about this that he sings with his wife? She can hit such a high note on the word "valley" that it is amazing.

Paradise Valley

• Members
1 hour ago, PastorMatt said:

We can worship without drums, guitars, led lights, etc. and 500K stage?

Yes, we can. Stil, all of these things, in and of themselves are not bad. It's how they are used that makes them bad. Acoustic guitar is usually a pleasant sound in worship music when done correctly. Let's not throw the baby out with the bathwater.

6 minutes ago, Jim_Alaska said:

As has been said by others, the human voice is a perfect musical instrument.

And other pleasing, Godly instrumentation is honorable.

• Administrators
4 minutes ago, BrotherTony said:

Yes, we can. Stil, all of these things, in and of themselves are not bad. It's how they are used that makes them bad. Acoustic guitar is usually a pleasant sound in worship music when done correctly. Let's not throw the baby out with the bathwater.

I'm 100% in agreement. We do use some lighting, with guitars and other musical instruments in our worship. It seems that some think you HAVE to have these things in churches today to truly worship.

I get calls asking me what we have in worship as far as instruments go rather than what we believe. 

• Members
1 minute ago, PastorMatt said:

I'm 100% in agreement. We do use some lighting, with guitars and other musical instruments in our worship. It seems that some think you HAVE to have these things in churches today to truly worship.

I get calls asking me what we have in worship as far as instruments go rather than what we believe. 

That's why I prefer less instrumentation and NO "mood lighting" in services. These are often used inappropriately.

• Members
21 hours ago, Jim_Alaska said:

This is one of my favorite channels to subscribe to for hymns. This brother does a wonderful job.

Now it is one of my favorite channels too. I tried to do this, but I could not properly deal with latency issues so my 4 tracks would not align well. Thanks for the post. I love quartet music, especially acapella.

• Members
10 minutes ago, Joe Chandler said:

Now it is one of my favorite channels too. I tried to do this, but I could not properly deal with latency issues so my 4 tracks would not align well. Thanks for the post. I love quartet music, especially acapella.

I've got friends that do this, and a baby brother who is in the entertainment industry. He does this at times. I have thought about putting a cd of this kind of music out myself. Maybe someday.

• 1 month later...